Batch/Support Analyst – Western Canada CIC
City : Calgary
Category : Other
Industry : Technology/Computer Services
Employer : IBM
As an Application Developer, you will lead IBM into the future by translating system requirements into the design and development of customized systems in an agile environment. The success of IBM is in your hands as you transform vital business needs into code and drive innovation. Your work will power IBM and its clients globally, collaborating and integrating code into enterprise systems. You will have access to the latest education, tools and technology, and a limitless career path with the world’s technology leader. Come to IBM and make a global impact!
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Consulting helps our clients fundamentally redesign experiences to create new sources of value, digitally reinvent their operations for great efficiency and transform their entire enterprises through cognitive. We invite you to consider joining IBM's global reach, outcome-focused methodologies, domain skills and deep industry expertise that are helping transform the way we live and work.
IBM's state-of-the-art Client Innovation Centre (CIC) is the first of its kind in Canada. The Western Canada CIC weaves together IBM’s business insights and industry-leading software portfolio and is ideally suited for any client that needs flexible access to emerging or niche skills that may not be cost effective to grow internally. In addition, our focus on our team is unparalleled as demonstrated by the following:
- The CIC is one of IBM’s highest performing delivery centres worldwide –for retention, client satisfaction and utilization. Our employees are empowered to stay and grow within IBM.
- We are very focused on continuous skill development –staff training is our third largest one of the largest Centre investments. Employees are immersed in a culture of learning and constant growth.
- Investment in key partnership with universities, government and private sector groups which has resulted in IBM having a key influencing role to invigorate Calgary’s technology sector
In this role, successful candidates must be able to work with IBM clients to:
- Provide support for critical public sector legacy applications
- Manage incident and service requests within ticketing system
- Triage incident management tickets/requests from users in a timely manner and assign them to the appropriate queue or team member for resolution
- Interface with business users related to obtaining clarification, providing updates, and resolving queries
- Analyze, review, and apply complex data fixes to maintain data integrity
- Develop and maintain knowledge base content and support knowledge transition relating to solutions
- Develop and deploy applications and maintain existing systems.
- Identify continuous improvement and automation opportunities of current processes
- Production Controller back-up, monitor and validate daily, weekly, monthly and ad hoc batch jobs
- Prepare monthly reports such as service levels, application outages, tickets opened/closed
- Support and mentor other technical team members
- Resolve and investigate batch jobs failings
Develop, document, and maintain procedures for batch recovery jobs
- Ability to debug .NET programs
- Assume personal responsibility for resolving problems in most effective way possible within SLA reaching root cause and preventing problems.
- Participate in Disaster Recovery planning and tests as scheduled
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 6+ years of experience in Mainframe CICS System programming: JCL, Cobol
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in .NET C#
- Minimum 3+ Experience in SQL
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in PowerShell
- Familiar with ASCII, binary formats
- Excellent analytical skills
- Experience in analyzing batch jobs and related programs
- An individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work
- Intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Good communication skills along with strong analytical & problem solving skills
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Good to have DevOPS experience .
- Experience in Design
- Strong understanding of the agile programming methodology.
- Experience migrating code through various environments, creating code branches, resolving merge conflicts.
Must have the ability to work in Canada without sponsorship.
About Business UnitIBM Consulting is IBM’s consulting and global professional services business, with market leading capabilities in business and technology transformation. With deep expertise in many industries, we offer strategy, experience, technology, and operations services to many of the most innovative and valuable companies in the world. Our people are focused on accelerating our clients’ businesses through the power of collaboration. We believe in the power of technology responsibly used to help people, partners and the planet.
Your Life @ IBMAre you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world's most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it's time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It's time to define your career.
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
Location StatementThis role will involve working with technology that is covered by Export Regulations sanctions. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following US sanctioned countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Syria, and the Crimea, Luhansk and Donetsk regions of Ukraine) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.