Barn Maintenance Technician
City : Steinbach
Category : Other
Industry : Food/Packaging
Employer : Maple Leaf Foods
Steinbach, MB Area
Our benefits package for full time employees includes Major Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability, and enrollment in the Maple Leaf Pension Plan.
The Maintenance Technician will be responsible for providing general maintenance support and will be based in and around the Steinbach and central Manitoba area. Travel may be required throughout the rest of province of MB with the possibility of occasional travel to SK also.
- General carpentry – Maintenance to wall tin, doors, interior plywood walls and ceiling etc.
- Drywall repairs, painting
- Basic plumbing
- Moving furniture and equipment
- Cleaning and organizing
- Basic welding of stalls , crates, penning
- Installation and maintenance of all barn equipment and facility components - feeders, feed and water lines, animal stalls etc.
- Could include preventative maintenance on tractors and other farm equipment as needed
- Active contribution to the preventative maintenance program by submitting recommendations for improvements
- Complete scheduled work orders and site visits
- Document and record all finished and unfinished scheduled work orders
- Seek out and apply best practices as solutions to correct deficiencies
- Conduct assessments and/or audits of facilities and/or equipment
- Minimize production downtime by responding to production calls promptly
- Provide on the job training to barn staff and other employees
- Other related duties as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS:
- Grade 12 diploma
- Trades related post-secondary education is preferred
- Thorough working knowledge of general computer programs (Microsoft Office, Excel)
- Ability to lift 25 kgs
- One to three years related experience in general maintenance
- A valid driver’s license and the ability to travel (including overnighting) within business operations
- Self-directed/motivated team player
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work in a livestock farm (hogs) atmosphere
- Ability to adhere to all Biosecurity requirements
- Knowledge of Health and Safety regulations
- The ability to work at various heights and in confined spaces
- An ability to live and teach our Maple Leaf Leadership Values
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our HR Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.