Ballpark Setup Attendant – Toronto Blue Jays
City : Toronto, ON, CA
Category : Game Day Events
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Rogers
Come play a key role in building the future of Sports & Media! Everyone wants to be part of a transformational team – and that’s exactly what we’re building at Rogers Sports & Media. A team that innovates and a team that wins.
At Rogers Sports & Media we are committed to creating and growing teams that are digital-first, fast-moving and bold-thinking and are focused on delivering impact with everything they do. Our impressive collection of assets includes media properties, sports teams, sports events & production, venues, e-commerce platforms and a close connection with our Connected Home and Wireless team. Collectively, we touch 30 million of Canadians every month!
Not only is our business strong, but so is our culture. We genuinely care about each other and working in an environment that allows each of us to bring our best authentic selves to work. That starts with our firm commitment to a diverse, inclusive and safe workplace. We’re also dedicated to giving back by using our media megaphone to help Canadians who need it most. Our team is All IN on diversity and inclusion – find out more at www.allinforequity.ca.
BALLPARK SET UP ATTENDANT
Are you interested in joining the Toronto Blue Jays Ball Park Set Up Operations Team? This is your chance
The Toronto Blue Jays Ballpark Set up Operations Department is looking for enthusiastic people to join our Ballpark Setup team and fill positions as Ballpark Setup Attendant.
Reporting to the Manager of Ballpark Operations, this position is responsible for the setup and tear down of tables, chairs etc. for various events hosted at Rogers Centre, including but not limited to, Baseball games, meetings, presentations, training courses, camps, clinics, concerts, trade shows etc.
This role may be for you if:
- You thrive in fast paced high-volume working environments
- You love the Toronto Blue Jays!
- Enjoy working within a team atmosphere
- Can collaborate with different departments
- General labor
- Distribution, setup and removal of tables and chairs for various events
- Distribution, setup and removal of stanchions, turnstiles and barricades for various events
- Distribution, setup and removal of pipe and drapes for various events
- Cleaning and maintenance of equipment listed above
- Loading and unloading of various equipment and supplies
- Cleaning of workshops and storage areas
- Participation in on-going department projects as assigned
- Assist with the setup or maintenance of the baseball field as required
- Maintain strong, cooperative inter-department relationships
Ballpark attendants must be able to work home games (evenings, weekends, and holidays) and other Rogers Centre concerts/events as required
- Eligible to work in Canada
- Must have obtained an Ontario Secondary School Diploma, or equivalent
- Excellent work ethic and objectivity
- Energetic and motivated
- Self-starter with ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to safely lift 23 kg (Approximately 50 lbs.)
- Ability to thrive in a deadline-driven, team environment
- Ability to operate utility vehicles such as golf carts
- Ability and willingness to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as required
WHAT WE OFFER TO YOU
- Commitment to our team - we want you to succeed!
- Ongoing, hands-on training to help you develop your skills
- A unique employment experience working for the only MLB team in Canada
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Schedule: Part time
Length of Contract: No Selection
Work Location: 1 Blue Jays Way (210), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: None
Posting Category/Function: Baseball / Stadium Operations & Game Day Events
Requisition ID: 289031
Posting Notes: Rogers Sports & Media