Baker Helper / 3rd Cook
City : Kitimat
Category : Full-time Other
Industry : Oil And Energy
Employer : Sodexo
Position: Baker Helper / 3rd Cook
Wage: $23.35 per hour
Schedule: 14/7 rotation Fly In / Fly Out
Location: Kitimat, BC
As a member of our food services team, you will always provide the highest quality of customer service, while working for Sodexo. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other responsibilities of the position.
- Under the general supervision of the Head Baker, prepares and cooks foodstuffs in quantities according to menu and number of persons to be served.
- Assists Baker in the production of baked goods.
- Moves and distributes bakery supplies and products.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Growth, Development & Qualifications:
- 1-2 years experience working in a high volume (approximately 1000-5000 persons) construction camp or institutional setting preferred.
- 1-2 years experience working in a bakery setting.
- Should have some knowledge of bakery operations.
- Must be physically fit and able to do heavy lifting.
- Must have good attendance record.
- Must have good disciplinary record.
- May be required to work day or night shift.
- Must undergo and pass a Pre-Access Drug and Alcohol Test.
- High school Diploma an asset.
- Must have food safety certificate.
- May accept an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Personal and professional integrity, appearance, and demeanor.
- Embodies our value behaviors: Service Spirit, Team Spirit, and the Spirit of Progress.
Ready to be part of something greater? Apply today!
Sodexo is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of national origin, race, religion, ethnic group, age, disability, gender, sexual preference, sexual or gender identity, status as a veteran or any other federal, provincial or local protected class.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodation is available on request from candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Sodexo is committed to providing a safe and healthy working environment for our team members, customers, clients, contractors, business partners, guests, and members of the public with whom we regularly interact. We require that all new hires in hospitals, long term care facilities, and senior homes to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and may require any other new hires to be fully vaccinated based on the location and scope of their employment.
Thank you for your interest in Sodexo.
Please note that only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Follow us on social media to see first-hand what we are all about!
Instagram: Sodexo Canada (@sodexocanada)
Twitter: Sodexo Canada (@SodexoCanada)
LinkedIn: Sodexo Canada Careers
Facebook: Sodexo Canada | Facebook