Back End Developer
City : Toronto
Category : Full-time Other
Industry : Marketing And Advertising
Employer : dentsu
The demand for consumer benefit from brand interaction is increasing at a rapid rate, and our business is answering this with services to design, build and/or implement systems, platforms, and products that enable these transactions and deliver excellence for our clients.
Developers are at the core of these solutions and are responsible for ensuring their code quality meets the team’s high standards.
A Developer will achieve this with an advanced knowledge of implementing best practices and a knowledge base that spans the full stack of technologies applicable in the creation and development of digital products, combined with excellent communication and collaboration skills. As a member of the development team, you must also be creative, proactive, detail-oriented and be able to work independently in a fast-paced environment, while meeting deadlines.
Developers will collaborate with the wider development team, Technical Leads and Product team to execute the product roadmap.
- Being hands-on in development sprints.
- Being an excited team player, ready to tackle new challenges.
- Work closely with the wider development team to make product or platform something the entire team can be proud of.
- Ask questions and make the team aware of any risks to delivery as soon as possible.
- Work with development and quality assurance teams to review releases to ensure an excellent degree of quality and reliability.
- Contribute to the company culture through innovation and on-going discovery of new technologies.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
Technical & Technology Related:
- Track record in delivering web-based products and platforms across multiple technologies
- 3+ years of experience in a web-based development role - full stack exposure is essential
- Advanced knowledge of modern frameworks and coding paradigms – e.g. React (including Hooks & Context API), Typescript
- Advanced knowledge of API development and integration with third-party systems
- Strong front-end fundamentals, with an eye for pixel prefect executions
- Experience with cloud hosted application platforms – preferably GCP, Firebase & Firestore
- Experience with source control management, continuous integration and Atlassian tools – Jira, Bitbucket, etc.
- Experience working in Agile (Kanban & Scrum) & Waterfall delivery methods
- Excellent verbal and written skills, including technical writing skills
- Agency experience is an asset
- Client facing experience is an asset, including working with client business internal stakeholders
- A degree in Computer Science, engineering or related is preferred, but not essential
- Experience working within Adobe Experience Cloud and Figma is an asset.
- NodeJS experience will be essential for the backend potion.
- Experience with React Native is an asset but not required.
- Experience with Material UI is an asset but not required.
- Auto and/or retail advertising experience is an asset.
We know through experience that different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds foster a stronger and more creative work environment that delivers better business results. We strive to create workplaces that reflect the clients we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
We are committed to working with our candidates from all ability levels throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Canada.Recruitment@dentsuaegis.com or to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process.