Azure Infrastructure Specialist
City : Winnipeg
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Azure Infrastructure Specialist - ( 230001XU )
Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that accomplishes operational excellence. Bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise, our 25,000 team members in over 400 locations worldwide are vital to making our Company stronger.
We are looking for an Azure Infrastructure Specialist to join our Information Technology team.
This role will aid with the design, implementation, and on-going support of secure Azure infrastructure/application solutions being created by our client facing Innovation team.
This role will report into IT to ensure solution alignment with Stantec’s IT governance controls, security, networking, and regulatory compliance practices/policies and procedures.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Collaborate with technical subject matter experts and EA peers to develop technology architecture that enables and drives new business capabilities and operating models.
- Recommend Azure design solutions to help meet new business requirements, improve existing business processes and/or address application or infrastructure problems.
- Consult with the Innovation group on application or infrastructure development projects to harmonize systems or infrastructure with the enterprise technology architecture and identify when it is necessary to modify the enterprise technical architecture [ETA] to accommodate immediate or future project needs.
- Drive digital innovation by leveraging innovative new technologies and approaches to renovate, extend, and transform the existing core technology base and IT estate.
- Configure Azure application/infrastructure components to meet the Innovation group’s SaaS/IaaS/PaaS requirements [in the context of alignment with Stantec IT’s security, networking, and regulatory compliance practices/policies and procedures].
- Understand technology trends and the practical application of existing, new, and emerging technologies to enable new and evolving business and operating models.
- Leverage new Azure technologies to create innovative solutions to projects and tasks
- Implementation configuration including monitor, analyze, and advise on testing of Azure application/infrastructure patches/upgrades.
- Work closely with quality assurance analysts to develop and execute appropriate test strategies/plans.
- Create robust technical documentation.
- Assist in troubleshooting
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Experience in Azure cloud application development and/or system infrastructure.
- Experience working with Azure application and infrastructure components.
- Strong analytical skills, problem solving/debugging skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technical configurations, technologies, and processing environments.
- Solid understanding of product management, agile principles and development methodologies and capability of supporting agile teams by providing advice and guidance on opportunities, impact and risks, taking account of technical and architectural debt.
- Motivated and driven by achieving long-term business outcomes.
- Ability to balance the long-term [big picture] and short-term implications of individual decisions.
- Knowledge of many aspects of an enterprise technology architecture.
- Understanding of fundamental network and security architectures.
- Understanding and knowledge of IT service management [ITSM] and Information Technology Infrastructure Library [ITIL].
- Knowledge and understanding of at least one modeling language [such as UML].
- Understanding and knowledge of general IT standards and controls.
Education and Experience
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in business, information systems or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of design and implementation experience in IT, with a deep knowledge in a minimum of two of the following technical disciplines: infrastructure and network design, application development, application programming interfaces [APIs], middleware, servers and storage, database management and operations, clustering technologies, virtualization, cloud technologies and active directory and protocols.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
Primary Location : Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Other Locations : Canada-Saskatchewan-Regina, Canada-Manitoba-Winnipeg, Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver, Canada-Nova Scotia-Dartmouth, Canada-Ontario-Toronto, Canada-New Brunswick-Fredericton
Organization : BC-1374 IT Services-Corporate-Canada
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : May 1, 2023, 7:40:00 PM
Req ID: 230001XU
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans