Aviation Engineering Team Lead
City : Burnaby
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Aviation Engineering Team Lead - ( 230004BT )
Working within the context of the communities we serve, Stantec provides planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve our living and well being. Join our winning team and help us improve our communities while keeping them well connected.
In the capacity of Aviation Engineering Team Lead, you will interface directly with clients, stakeholders and a talented team to effectively grow the market footprint within the province of British Columbia.
The successful candidate should possess a strong management background, demonstrate exceptional communication skills, and embody passion for leading and empowering teams.
The Aviation Team Lead should also possess strong interpersonal skills to foster a positive team environment and support a culture of safety. Through your broad consulting background, you will perform a variety of tasks which may include design & design management, business planning, project management, client account management, resource planning, proposal writing, inter disciplinary support and quality management.
Other tasks may include business development, client account plans as well as management and delivery of complex aviation engineering projects.
You will be supporting a number of our interconnected Airport and Aviation teams including: Industrial Hangar Buildings, Terminal Architecture, Airside and Landside Infrastructure Engineering on a National and International Level.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Manage and grow a team of Airport and Aviation specialists to support the market demand in British Columbia.
- Develop strategies and business capture plans within the aviation sector.
- Support the overall Airport and Aviation Sector for business development, proposal writing and project execution.
- Perform complex engineering design tasks on assigned projects, as either the Project Lead or Subject Matter Expert, including preparation of engineering calculations, drawings and reports.
- Involvement in the permitting process of projects, which may require meeting with clients, contractors and reviewing agency personnel, with the aim of seeking necessary approvals.
- Review and seal own projects and team projects.
- Manage the design and construction of projects and provide input as required.
- Provide onsite supervision and contract administration.
- Liaise with clients as required.
- Coordinate with other leaders to ensure corporate alignment of goals and effective resourcing across disciplines.
- Undertake project management of Airport-specific assignments.
- Mentor junior designers and EIT’s
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Strong communication skills-written and verbal, including an aptitude for effective leadership and people management.
- Understanding and appreciation of all phases of infrastructure projects, including conventional and alternative delivery methods for public and private clients through all phases of the project life cycle.
- Comprehensive understanding of all phases of project document production.
- Ability to effectively discuss project issues with clients and stakeholders.
- Possesses excellent time-management skills; Thorough understanding of task assignment and schedule, budgeting and efficient use of time and resources.
- Thorough understanding of codes, legal and design requirements in relevant jurisdictions.
- Demonstrated experience with Aviation Engineering projects.
- Proficient in Microsoft (MS) Office Suite.
- Strong understanding of relevant design software, which may include AutoCAD, AviPlan, Civil3D, GIS, FAARFIELD.
- Team player with experience building, managing and leading teams.
- Ability to engage positively in team setting to foster creative and critical thought.
Your Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Civil Engineering or related field & Licensed Professional Engineer (eligible for registration in British Columbia).
- Ideal candidate will have 10 or more years of experience.
- Candidates with at least 7 years of experience may be considered.
Position will primarily work in an office setting; may require some field work and travel.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Regular full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
The benefits information listed above may not apply to union positions because benefits for such positions are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Primary Location : Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver
Other Locations : Canada-British Columbia-Kelowna, Canada-British Columbia-Burnaby
Work Locations :
Organization : BC-1158 Transpt-CA British Columbia
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Manager
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Oct 22, 2023, 11:37:41 AM
Req ID: 230004BT
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans