AV Safety Project Manager
City : Dartmouth
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
AV Safety Project Manager - ( 220002QQ )
Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that accomplishes operational excellence. Bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise, our 22,000 team members in over 400 locations worldwide are vital to making our Company stronger.
The Stantec GenerationAV™ team has a job opening for an individual to provide technical and programmatic leadership and support for growing AV Holistic Safety product and service offerings. Stantec GenerationAV’s mission is to develop and deploy tools and technology that accelerate widespread adoption of automated vehicles. We do this by developing, testing, and deploying AV related planning, assessment, and consulting services and products. Our vision is to create a safer, cleaner, more equitable AV world for future generations through comprehensive education, strategic connections, and smart, fit-for-purpose deployments.
The ideal candidate is a highly motivated proven AV Safety leader and Project Manager who will improve GenAV’s AV Safety project delivery, product development, and related programmatic and business development activities.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Review, develop, enhance existing and new tools and AV testing methodologies
- Support risk analysis strategy and execution
- Develop and deliver AV safety-related and educational products
- Develop and conduct safety assessments and audits
- Coordinating and managing external safety and cybersecurity consultants
- Lead and actively engage in client relationship building and maintenance regarding AV operations and safety initiatives
- Prepare, document and coordinate project proposals and specification documents
- Monitor and control alignment of project assignments and ensure delivery performance is executed in alignment with program objectives
- Responsible for invoicing, managing, and monitoring financial performance of project budgets
- Track activities and deadlines to ensure project goals and objectives are met
- Execute day-to-day tasks and offer cross-functional AV Safety and PM support to GenAV business units
- Prepare and manage master contract agreements and consultant services authorizations for assigned projects
- Conduct project meetings with stakeholders
- Coordinate with program and project teams to implement risk and value management plans
- Generate a monthly, quarterly, and annual project activity summary reports as required
- Support internal and external Business Development (BD) activities aligned to assigned or like AV Safety projects
- Support marketing communications plans for internal and external BD
- Provide functional and technical leadership in establishing and maintaining good program/project management principles and practices throughout GenerationAV® activities
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Possess deep understanding of functional, operational and vehicle safety
- Demonstrated experience of assessing and applying safety standards and best practices
- Demonstrated experience of safety assessment and analysis of AV functions and operational design domain;
- Ability to communicate complex situations and interactions simply and effectively;
- Understanding of the global market landscape of ADAS and ADS platforms in order to help clients deploy solutions for next generation AV mobility ecosystems;
- Understand Safety Management Systems;
- Ability to provide positive leadership;
- Ability to lead project management and AV consulting activities;
- Ability to direct and execute highly complex or specialized projects;
- Ability to support business development activities;
- Ability to develop a positive team environment;
- Ability to apply critical thinking skills to develop innovative solutions;
- Attention to detail;
- Strong Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, and clients, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction;
- Ability to effectively organize, plan, prioritize, and manage time and competing priorities.
Education and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree required and 5 years of AV safety, operations, project management, and/or system engineering experience.
- Working experience around connected, automated and other advanced mobility solutions.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Other Locations : Canada-Nova Scotia-Dartmouth, Canada-Manitoba-Winnipeg, Canada-Alberta-Calgary, Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver, Canada-Ontario-Toronto, Canada-Ontario-Waterloo
Job : Project Manager
Organization : BC-1320 Innovation-GenAV IBO-Canada
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Aug 2, 2022, 6:27:51 AM
Req ID: 220002QQ
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans