Automotive Risk Strategy & Analytics
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5H1B6
Category : Business and Financial Operations
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 175543
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Purpose of Job:
The Manager, Portfolio Insights, SDA Risk, GRM will monitor key risk performance of the Retail Automotive portfolio, and contribute to the
development and enhancement of business intelligence tools and provide actionable insight to the Automotive Risk teams as well as product and
business line partners.
The role is highly technical and requires expert SAS, data analytics and BI tools knowledge, as well as ability to optimize and maximize
efficiency of existing processes. The incumbent will deliver strategic analysis to senior management while working with multiple stakeholders
and partners to facilitate development of Risk-Reward opportunities. He/She will develop optimal analytical methodologies to assess the growth
opportunities, and monitor results.
Accountability 1: Automotive Credit Risk Portfolio Tracking
• Use a variety of Business Intelligence analytical and reporting tools (ex. SAS, Python, Tableau) to provide dynamic reporting on key
performance metrics to various stakeholders in GRM and business lines. Lead new report creation and look for opportunities to optimize
• Provide actionable insights and meaningful messages from the reporting to drive credit risk decisions. Able to tell a story by synthesizing
vast amounts of data into coherent messages.
• Proactively provide strategic analysis that will assist in optimizing risk rewards ratios and grow the portfolios
• Collaborate with Strategy and Policy teams to provide measurement and reporting on strategic initiatives such as acquisition dynamics
and quality, line optimization and collections effectiveness
• Analyze strategy effectiveness , leverage champion/challenger capabilities to confirm assumptions and recommend changes, identify if
any credit risks are or will become in excess of the risk appetite framework and make recommendations on how to mitigate.
Accountability 2: Customer Focus
• Champion a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
• Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
Accountability 3: Innovation
• Explore opportunities for using latest innovative analytics and Business Intelligence tools to showcase portfolio dynamics, derive
insights and streamline processes
• Aim to move from descriptive to prescriptive analytics by focusing on key drivers of portfolio risk and profitability
Accountability 4: Risk Appetite Framework alignment
• Ensure all business line strategic priorities (i.e. life-cycle strategies, early warning triggers, provisioning, etc.) are consistent with Risk
Appetite Framework. Recommend changes to business line strategies to ensure the Bank does not take on more credit risk than
• Actively pursue effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and
effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF
risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory
Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- Bachelor's or Graduate Degree in Math, Engineering, Computer Science, Marketing, Economics or Statistics
- 3+ years analytical experience required
- Must be proficient with MS Office, SAS, SQL, Python, Power BI, Tableau
- Strong communication skills essential with clients and management
- Strong prioritizing, planning, analytical, presentation, project management, people management and relationship building skills
- 1+ years’ experience in Retail Products is a great asset
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.