Automation Test Development Student (Network Test Team) – 4 Month Fall Term
City : Ottawa
Category : Software & Systems
Industry : IT
Employer : BlackBerry
Worker Sub-Type:Student (Fixed Term)
Today, BlackBerry® is a transformed company. We’re no longer about the smartphone, what we once did for smartphones is what we’re now doing for Enterprise of Things (EoT) – envisioning, enabling and securing new forms of communication that are connecting the business world in extraordinary new ways. We have the most complete and advanced end-to-end solutions to enable EoT, and our ideas lead the way in the hottest markets like cybersecurity, SaaS, neural networks and autonomous vehicles.
Today our software is trusted by the world’s most important organizations, including all of the G7, 16 of the G20, NATO, financial firms, healthcare providers and educational institutions. BlackBerry technology is further embedded in millions of ‘things.’ You can find BlackBerry in smart watches, medical devices, cars, trains, robots, smart meters, TV broadcast equipment, wind turbines, hydroelectric plants, pilot training simulators, mail-sorting machines and, of course, tablets and smartphones just to name a few.
As a member of the Core OS Test team, the student position involves designing, implementing, and executing manual and automated Software testing on the Network, USB and PCI test teams. In this role, the student will learn about QNX Core OS technologies and different test strategies in depth and apply that knowledge to design tests for new features, test scripts, test automation, product verification and issue detection.
Location: Ottawa, ON
Length of Term: 4 Months
What you will do
Write and run test automation
Learning and Designing new test cases
Investigate issues found, report on the quality and performance of new software builds
Verify fixes and implement test cases to automate the verification of issues
Work directly with QNX software developers and testers who are industry experts on embedded systems software and technologies
Who we are looking for
Currently pursuing post-secondary education in a related field
Familiarity with QNX, Linux or other UNIX-like operating systems
Programming experience in Python, C and scripting
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
An eagerness to learn and solve problems
Above and beyond
- Familiarity with Pytest framework
- Familiarity with Jenkins open source automation server
Student Life at Blackberry
- Growth Mindset: employees have access to skills training and professional development courses, mentorship programs as well as unlimited access to our on-demand learning platform.
- Commitment to Wellness: employees have access to events that support physical, mental and financial wellness. We host wellness sessions, fitness courses, discounts to local gyms and offer a 24/7 Employee Assistant Program (EAP).
- Highly collaborative teams and a supportive workplace environment, with organization-wide events and a student social committee.
- Employee Perks: we have snack and beverage programs at all locations. Students also have access to discounts for local stores, transportation, restaurants and activities.
See more about the student program at BlackBerry over on our Instagram @BlackBerryStudentLife
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40