Automation Technician MS&T- Afternoon shift
City : Guelph
Category : Engineering
Industry : Consumer Goods
Employer : Johnson & Johnson
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for an Automation Technician MS&T- afternoon shift based at the Guelph, Ontario Manufacturing facility.
Johnson & Johnson touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Family of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and OTC products.
On November 12, 2021, Johnson & Johnson announced plans to separate our Consumer Health business to create a new publicly traded company. The process of the planned separation is anticipated to be completed within 24 months, and it will be subject to legal requirements including consultation with employee representative bodies, as required, and other customary conditions and approvals. It is anticipated that, following conclusion of the transaction, you will be an employee of an entity within the newly created Consumer Health company and your employment will be governed by that company’s employment processes, programs, policies, and benefit plans. In that case, details of any planned changes would be provided to you at an appropriate time and subject to any necessary consultation processes.
This position, under general supervision, will maintain all Manufacturing Equipment, perform reparation and daily support of all processes. You will lead in-depth troubleshooting with Technicians and Operators. Through your participation in improvement and maintenance projects you will liaison with Engineering and other support groups. Assist in the technical training of all manufacturing personnel. Ensure all duties are performed in compliance with Company safety and hygiene requirements, standard operating procedures (SOPs) and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs).
- Assist Technical Operators and technicians with the identifying and correcting all Mechanical, Electrical, Pneumatic and Hydraulic problems with production related equipment via HMI and PLC/ electrical diagnostic and troubleshooting methods.
- Use of electrical and mechanical drawings in diagnosing equipment problems and for ordering replacement parts.
- Calls for assistance from others (eg Mechanics, Engineering) in a timely fashion to maintain high productivity levels.
- Develop recommendations for acquiring additional tooling/parts as required
- Initiate and execute manufacturing original equipment improvement projects and electrical/controls upgrades
- Install, repair and maintain electrical, electronic equipment, instrumentation as well as computerized systems (HMI, PC’s, vision systems & network troubleshooting) related to manufacturing machinery and systems.
- Must be able to perform work to CSA and ESA standards
- Develop, implement and maintain preventative maintenance programs Identify opportunities for improvements and is involved in implementing solutions
- Ability to create and modify electrical drawings, Process & Instrumentation Diagrams and schematics when required
- Assist with mechanical repairs as needed
- Requires minimal supervision / direction from Leader in resolving or prioritizing issues
- An Industrial Electrician License 309A/442A with appropriate PLC experience. An Electrical/Electronic Technologist or Electrical Engineer diploma is an asset
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience required, preferably in regulated manufacturing environment with an emphasis on automation
- Experience with programming in Rslogix, Micro Logics, Omron and Elau is highly preferred
- In depth knowledge and experience with PLCs/PCs, electrical systems, instrumentation, motor controls systems and project management
- Knowledge of and competence in the application of GMPs required
- Previous experience with equipment commissioning, validation and troubleshooting is an asset
- Previous experience with SCADA and historian design and programming is an asset
- Capable of using electrical equipment to diagnose electrical issues
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com.
Diversity and inclusion are central elements of the shared culture across the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. Attracting, developing and retaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities is essential to our success. We are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive and accessible work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their potential.
Canada-Ontario-Guelph-890 Woodlawn Road West
Johnson & Johnson Inc. (7695)