Associate Vice President – Corporate Finance
City : Calgary
Category : Advisory
Industry : Finance
Employer : KPMG
At KPMG, you’ll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world.
KPMG Corporate Finance Inc. is the Ontario Securities Commission regulated entity through which KPMG LLP's investment banking services are provided in Canada. KPMG's Corporate Finance services are principally comprised of merger, acquisition and divestiture advisory services and financing services including raising debt and equity capital.
We offer independent financial advisory and investment banking services to both private and public companies. Acting independently of financing sources, we provide clients with objective advice, focusing on strategies that can help meet corporate and shareholder objectives. Our Canadian team consists of over 100 bankers and works with a global team of over 3,000 bankers in 92 offices, thus providing KPMG Corporate Finance with a broad reach and established contacts. In Canada, per a deal study by Refinitiv, we are the leading mid-market M&A advisors, completing the largest number of deals in 2022.
We are looking for an experienced Associate Vice President, Corporate Finance, to join our growing practice. In this role you will report to our Vice Presidents and Managing Directors. You are a self-starter who has an interest in mergers and acquisitions and capital markets and will bring your experience to deliver transactions for our clients.
What you will do
- Assume responsibility for the day-to-day execution and delivery of service on a range of corporate finance projects.
- Draft pitch books, teasers, confidential information memorandums (CIM) and other Merger & Acquisition documentation.
- Manage, mentor and train junior corporate finance professionals.
- Prepare and review financial models.
- Conduct market and industry research, detailed financial analysis and business valuations.
- Assist in the identification of potential acquisition targets, purchasers and/or investors.
- Undertake engagement and practice management responsibilities, including billings and adherence to professional practice requirements.
- Lead proactive business development and deal initiation activities.
At times, business needs arise, and employees are required and agree to work beyond their normal workday or work week to fulfill the accountabilities required for their job. Likewise, employees need time to devote to personal matters, and our approach to flexibility provides for this.
What you bring to the role
- 3 - 5 years of relevant post-graduate experience, in Corporate Finance, or a related field e.g. transaction advisory, investment banking, private equity, management consulting, or corporate development.
- Proven track record of project initiation/execution in a fast-paced professional setting.
- CPA, CBV or CFA designations all considered an asset.
- Strong technical finance proficiency, including knowledge of financial statements and general accounting principles.
- Demonstrated experience or ability in training and developing junior staff members.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
The keys to your success:
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business.
Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada’s Benefits and well-being, click here.
Our Values, The KPMG Way
Integrity, we do what is right | Excellence, we never stop learning and improving | Courage, we think and act boldly | Together, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to visit our accessibility page.