Associate/Senior Associate, Roynat Capital – Richmond
City : Richmond, BC, CA, V6Y2B3
Category : Account Managers
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 146498
Roynat Capital, a wholly owned subsidiary of Scotiabank, is a national lender and investor with expertise in providing innovative long-term capital solutions for mid-sized companies utilizing senior term, subordinated debt, as well as mezzanine capital and common share equity. We provide tailored solutions to clients for acquisitions, business expansions, wealth monetization, and working capital enhancement. With a national presence in Canada in major markets, Roynat assists growth-oriented companies in reaching their goals across a wide range of industries.
If you are an ‘out of the box’ thinker that wants to help businesses grow and strive to build long-lasting relationships with your clients, then working at Roynat Capital can be a rewarding experience. Roynat values determination and hard-work, while providing an integrated support system to entrepreneurial individuals.
The BC District is currently growing and adding two 'new' Associate/Senior Associate roles that will provide coverage for the Vancouver/Langley or Richmond marketplace. These positions are located in the Richmond/Vancouver or Langley area.
The Associate/Senior Associate is responsible for the effective and profitable management of a portfolio of small and medium size business customer relationships, and for achieving personal and team business volumes and related revenues to meet pre-set targets. The successful candidate(s) will also build on their own experience and contacts in BC by using a thorough and structured calling program to develop Prospects and Centers of Influence (e.g. Scotiabank, Accountants and Commercial Realty Broker contacts). The successful Candidate will also manage an assigned loan portfolio.
The ultimate goal is to provide tailored credit solutions for business expansion, shareholder transactions, management buyouts and wealth monetization to a wide range of industries. This is an ideal position for commercial credit professionals holding such titles as a Credit Analyst, Senior Credit Analyst, Account Manager or Senior Account Manager. Top performers from private equity, corporate finance, audit or mergers & acquisitions operations are also strong front-runners for this position.
You will be:
• Developing and maintaining a regular sales call program on customers to ensure effective management, retention, and expansion of each customer relationship. Establishing and maintaining relationships with major small and medium size industrial and commercial companies (prospects) and key business referral sources in the assigned market area.
• Maintaining a current and thorough knowledge of Roynat Capital’s specialized term lending services and subordinated debt to effectively promote tailored presentation packages to meet specific customer needs.
• Researching, verifying and analyzing credit applications and preparing comprehensive credit applications of large and complex transactions meeting Term Finance guidelines.
• Monitoring all assigned accounts to ensure conformity to terms and conditions, as stipulated in credit authorizations with timely financial statement reviews and screen interim statements for potential business opportunities.
• Applying diligence to collecting overdue accounts as reported on the monthly Late Payment Report. Promptly identifying and resolving deteriorating credit quality and participating as necessary in the resolution of problem loan situations;
• Maintaining a solid client relationship on assigned client base, keeping an awareness of the affairs of customers, ensuring administration of the accounts is timely (reviews) and a comprehensive database of activities is maintained.
As our preferred candidate(s) you will have:
• 3-5 years of related commercial credit or analysis and business development experience in a financial services environment.
• A University degree at the undergraduate or graduate level in business or economics or work equivalency is a requirement. An MBA or professional financial designation such as a CBV, CFA, CMA, CA or CGA is strongly preferred.
• Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of credit products.
• Superior skills in financial analysis and risk assessment including proven credit judgment.
• Proven selling and negotiating skills in handling complex selling situations.
• Demonstrated ability to develop innovative and effective sales strategies to maximize the potential of an assigned territory.
• Awareness of differences in the tax, legal and accounting rules of the various jurisdictions.
• Ability to plan strategies and activities up to 12 months in advance.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with customers, staff and in dealing with the community generally.
• General computer knowledge to effectively use various computer software applications.
We are interested in employees who will take personal responsibility for making our company a success. Our employees are truly valued and treated with respect. The work environment is stimulating, challenging and fun. You'll be surrounded by people who are passionate about what they do.
Roynat Capital has a small company feel with the added benefits of being part of the larger Scotiabank Group. We recognize people as our most valuable asset. We offer a competitive compensation plan, outstanding benefits package and the professional advantages of an environment that supports your development and recognizes your achievements.
Roynat Capital and Scotiabank are equal opportunity employers and welcome applications from all interested parties. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
No agencies please.
Location(s): Canada : British Columbia : Richmond || Canada : British Columbia : Langley
We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.