Associate, Roynat Equity Partners (Montreal, Qc)
City : Montreal, QC, CA, H3A3L6
Category : Account Managers
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 175895
Roynat Capital, a wholly owned subsidiary of Scotiabank, is a national lender and investor with expertise in providing innovative long-term capital solutions for mid-sized companies utilizing senior term, subordinated debt, as well as mezzanine capital and common share equity. We provide tailored solutions to clients for acquisitions, business expansions, wealth monetization, and working capital enhancement. With a national presence in Canada in major markets, Roynat assists growth-oriented companies in reaching their goals across a wide range of industries.
Under the direction and guidance of the Managing Director/Director, Roynat Equity Partners (“REP”), the Associate is responsible for providing ongoing support to the Roynat Equity Partners team in Montreal, Qc. He/she is responsible for modeling activities; screening potential clients; conducting market research; providing assistance with due diligence and investment summary preparation; and, general account administration.
Pursuant to a language needs assessment conducted by Scotiabank, the successful candidate will be required to be able to communicate in English in addition to French because they will be required to work closely with other groups from head office who operate primarily in English, they will report to a manager from head office who is an English speaker, and/or they will serve and English-speaking clientele.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role? - We'd love to work with you if:
- Conduct market research and company analysis and provide accurate information and data to support recommendations;
- Review all letters of intent and offers to ensure all standard clauses are in place and are consistent to authorization.
- Researching, verifying and analyzing credit applications and preparing comprehensive credit applications meeting the guidelines set out in the Term Finance, Leasing and Equity manuals, exercising sound credit judgment based on thorough investigations and analysis;
- Monitoring all assigned accounts to ensure conformity to terms and conditions, as stipulated in credit authorizations with timely financial statement reviews, bonus payments, calculating put values, etc.
- Timely review of interim statements. Promptly identifying deteriorating credit quality, proposing recommended measures to Managing Director/Director, REP for concurrence to deal with problem loan situations
- Assist investment staff prepare and complete credit submissions. Specific areas to analyze/assess and complete include but are not limited to: competition, historical financial analysis and forecasted financial information.
- Maintain a current and thorough knowledge of Roynat’s specialized term lending, mezzanine and equity products to provide creative recommendations to structure transactions to meet specific customer needs
Is this role right for you?
- College/University degree or equivalent work experience.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) in French and English
- Analytical skills and strong attention to detail;
- Solid understanding of mezzanine/equity transactions;
- Advanced Computer knowledge to effectively use various computer software applications, including database systems, electronic E-Mail, etc.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of products and related policies and knowledge of operations.
- Demonstrated ability in financial analysis, risk assessment and credit judgment.
- Demonstrated skills in problem solving, structuring and pricing credits;
- Have an awareness of differences in the tax, legal and accounting rules of the various jurisdictions in which his/her customers operate.
What's in it for you?
- The opportunity to join a forward-thinking organization surrounded by a collaborative team of innovative thinkers
- A rewarding career path with diverse opportunities for professional development
- A competitive compensation and benefits package
- Internal training to support your career growth and enhance your skills
- An organization committed to making a difference in our communities – for you and our customers
Location(s): Canada : Quebec : Montreal
We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.