Associate, Renewables & Clean Energy (Midstream) Equity Research
City : Houston, TX, US, 77002
Category : Business and Financial Operations
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 152891
Salary Range: 145,000.00 - 175,000.00
Please note that the Salary Range shown is a guideline only. Salary offered may vary based on factors, including, but not limited to, the successful candidate’s relevant knowledge, skills, and experience.
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Position: Associate, Renewables & Clean Energy (Midstream) Equity Research
Contributes to the overall success of the Scotiabank US Research Department, ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
- Assist Senior Analyst with day-to-day responsibilities including developing and updating forecasting models, maintaining current up-to-date information for identified companies and monitoring domestic and global economic developments.
- Review daily news services for relevant information that impacts the macro, industry specific and company drivers.
- Communicate with company management to stay informed regarding events that may/will impact company performance.
- Draft research reports which communicate views regarding company specific recommendations and provide commentary on a variety of economic developments.
- Work closely with Senior Analyst in the launch of new company coverage as well as the development of new industry and thematic research reports.
- Partner with other technology colleagues and analysts in the United States, Canada and Latin America on industry and company reports as well as client and corporate events
- Assist sales and trading personnel with communications to investors.
- Facilitate company marketing efforts by coordinating meetings with industry and corporate contacts.
- A university degree is required, with a preference for business (finance, economics, accounting), engineering science or computer science.
- FINRA Series 7, 63, 86 and 87 designations will be required
- Strong accounting, financial modeling, and analytical skills are required
- Excellent command of Microsoft Suite, with a particular emphasis on Excel is required
- Work experience in a financial, engineering, analytical capacity in the oil & gas sector is preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Capital Markets knowledge/experience would be an asset
- Experience using Bloomberg and FactSet would be an asset
- A P.Eng, MBA, CPA/CA designation or enrollment in/completion of the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) program is an asset
- Good business judgment and decision-making skills
- Ability to perform under pressure and meet tight deadlines, sometimes for extended periods of time
- Ability to multi-task and manage several on-going projects at the same time
- Energetic, self-motivated, hardworking one firm minded and detail-oriented
Location(s): United States : Texas : Houston || United States : New York : New York City
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.