Associate Prime Brokerage – NBIN
City : Toronto, Ontario
Category : Permanent Full-Time
Industry : Wealth management
Employer : National Bank
Prime Brokerage at NBIN (National Bank Independent Network) is looking for a candidate to provide our institutional clients with the highest quality service. As an Associate, you will be reporting to the Managing Director, Prime Services. You will support Prime Brokerage (PB) clients of NBIN from the perspective as a business management component and an administrative/operational requirement.
This is a client facing role and you will act as the primary point of contact for all Prime Brokerage clients regarding all aspects of their complex portfolio needs while balanced against the banks’ risk in real time. You will be required to handle all components of client relationship management. You will also be accountable for alternative investment fund financing, margin, security borrowing and lending, trade clearing & settlements and corporate actions, while ensuring that the bank is minimized of any risk. As a subject matter expert, you will also provide information regarding specific products and services like security borrowing, securities lending, electronic trading, and margin alternatives. You will need to ensure that the client receives a highly competent level of financial markets service.
- You must be collaborative as you will need to work with the Relationship Management and Business Development team
- Provide a highly competent level of financial markets service to alternative asset management clients
- Strong understanding of risk management processes, investment strategies and investment products
- Coordinate client day-to-day activities with numerous internal business units including Trading Desks, Securities Lending, Foreign Exchange, Equity Derivatives, Risk Management, Legal and Compliance
- Manage the segregation and buy-in process with clients, operational control and securities lending group
- Foster strong cross functional relationships with direct and indirect business partners for cohesive operational flow that maximizes efficiency and champions interdepartmental process improvements.
- Comprehend complex asset management strategies and understand the impacts to client portfolios with respect to margin application, corporate action implications and overall bank risk in real time.
- Manage client relationships within the bank through its various capital markets divisions.
- Identify existing and potential client issues and recommend alternatives proactively.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills through developing clear, concise internal and external communications.
- Liaise with Legal, Compliance, Accounting, Risk, and other partners on implementation or updating of related items in a highly competent manner.
- Provide a high level of service to a very complex and demanding client base.
- University Undergraduate Degree in related field required
- Completion of CFA and/or Post Graduate degree is a strong asset
- Completion of Canadian Securities Course (CSC) and Conducts and Practices Handbook (CPH) required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and ISM
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of a client's organization
- Bilingualism both spoken and written (English and French) is considered an asset
Your benefits In addition to competitive compensation, upon hiring you’ll be eligible for a wide range of flexible benefits to help promote your wellbeing and that of your family.
- Health and wellness program, including many options
- Flexible group insurance
- Generous pension plan
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Preferential banking services
- Initiatives promoting community involvement
- Telemedicine service
- Virtual sleep clinic