Associate, Prime Brokerage Client Service Middle Office
City : New York City, NY, US, 10281
Category : Business and Financial Operations
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 177072
Salary Range: 82,400.00 - 153,000.00
Please note that the Salary Range shown is a guideline only. Salary offered may vary based on factors, including, but not limited to, the successful candidate’s relevant knowledge, skills, and experience.
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Scotiabank is currently recruiting for a Associate Prime Brokerage Client Service Middle Office to join our growing team! This role Contributes to the overall success of the Prime Services Middle Office and ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. This role also ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies, and procedures. If you are interested in joining a passionate and dynamic team, apply today!
Is this role right for you? You will be responsible for:
- Championing a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems, and knowledge.
- The role require knowledge of global securities operations, prime brokerage financing structures (such as enhanced leverage and arranged financing) and prime brokerage related products and services (such as securities lending and synthetic financing).
- A thorough understanding of hedge funds (particularly based in the US) and their equity finance needs globally. The incumbent must have prior experience facing hedge funds. Prior experience in helping in building US securities lending business and a prime brokerage operating model would be extremely useful.
- A deep understanding of the operational side of the business and more specifically, the clearance, settlement and margin processes and their nuances. The incumbent must also be able to steer the interaction between the CSR role/team and the respective operations support teams.
- Championing a culture of continuous operational improvement by independently resolving highly complex, multi-faceted problems to meet the business needs across MO with a specific focus on creating tangible / measurable operational efficiencies. This involves opportunity identification, preparing proposals, defining business requirements and processes, developing, testing, conversion and implementation strategies, developing detailed project plans, monitoring progress against planned objectives, and securing consensus and co-operations from users and senior management.
- Performing daily operational activities in support of GBM business lines with a focus on trade life cycle management, Trade Control, and Client Service.
- Understanding how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values, its Code of Conduct, and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
- Championing a high-performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
Do you have the skills you need to succeed? We'd love to work with you, if you have:
- Post-secondary graduate.
- 2-5yrs in the industry
- FINRA NASD S99 License is nice to have.
- Proficiency in MS Excel
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including strong written skills
Location(s): United States : New York : New York City
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.