Associate, Mid-Market M&A CCG
City : EDMONTON, Alberta, Canada
Category : Customer Service | Client Advice | Sales
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What is the opportunity?
The RBC Mid-Market M&A team is seeking an associate to support the team in Western Canada. You will be focused on the preparation of presentations, research materials, proposals, financial models, and transaction documentation. The team is a strategically important offering that provides a value-added service offering. The associate will support team members that are focused on Mid-Market private companies and is ideally suited for a candidate seeking to broaden their investment banking experience with entrepreneurial clients. Mandates include the sale of privately owned businesses and non-core divisions, acquisitions, shareholder and management buyouts, and capital advisory services. The ideal candidate will have 1-3 years post undergraduate experience in a financial or professional services firm and have a strong grasp of financial and accounting concepts.
What will you do?
- Part of a national Mid-Market M&A team, supporting the team in Western Canada
- Conduct thorough research on companies and industries and delivery of concise summaries
- Assist in preparation of internal and external marketing materials
- Support the preparation and presentation of marketing pitches to existing and potential clients
- Prepare integrated financial models to support analysis in proposals and transaction documents
What do you need to succeed?
- Undergraduate degree with a focus in Business, Economics, Mathematics or other quantitative fields
- Relevant work experience in financial services – accounting, commercial banking or investment banking
- Solid understanding of cash flow, financial modeling and valuation
- Strong computer literacy with emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Strong ability to prepare integrated financial models including discounted cash flow and valuation analysis
- Thorough understanding of the relationship between net income, cash flow and working capital
- Ability to use research tools to extract relevant background material for business development and transaction support
- Strong personal skills and the ability to work effectively within a team environment under time constraints
- Comprehensive writing, financial and accounting skills
- Knowledge of and interest in financial markets
Nice to have:
- CPA, CFA, CBV or other relevant professional designation or relevant advanced degree – ongoing or completed
- Prior experience working on M&A transactions
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.