Associate Manager | Oshawa
City : OSHAWA, Ontario
Category : Full-Time
Industry : Stores
Employer : The Bay
The role of an Associate Manager has an integral part of the overall customer service experience strategy by supporting the day to day selling and service operations. The Associate Manager leads the store performance through direct development of associates by consistently coaching and mentoring for optimal sales results.
- Work in collaboration with the General Manager and cross-functional leadership teams to identify gaps and recommend solutions to improve overall store performance.
- Take an active role in the training and ongoing education of the selling team, Promote an elevated customer experience by providing feedback, coaching and training through consistent coaching to sales associates.
- Maintain sales expectations by reviewing and evaluating sales, conducting individual coaching sessions, analyzing reports and reacting to trends.
- Provide product knowledge training, event information, policy and procedure updates, as well as ensure that merchandise opportunities are appropriately communicated to the merchant teams in order to support the selling effort
- Develop and execute activities that help promote a sales and service culture which includes but not limited to hiring best in class associates
- Continually maintain working knowledge of all company products, services, and promotions.
- Assume responsibility for escalated customer’s inquiries and as needed provide on the spot coaching for successful resolution.
- Create and maintain an environment that inspires and encourages growth and development.
- Interview prospective new hires and evaluate candidates on predicted job fit and soft skills requirements.
- Work in collaboration to support the overall look and feel of the store and operational best practices when required
- A customer champion. Consistently delivers a high standard of customer service and can be relied upon to put the customer first. Constantly seeks new opportunities to build and improve relationships and understand customer needs. Proactively solicits feedback from customers to determine solutions. Inspires others to serve customers in creative ways. Builds exceptional customer relationships.
- Inspirational leader through both action and collaboration. Acts as a coach and role model without guidance or prompt. Can be relied upon to see the potential of those around the
- A transformative thinker. Constantly looks at the big picture with a long-term view. Relied upon for forward thinking and their long-term vision. Demonstrates an exceptional ability to anticipate trends and competitive shifts. Easily translates complex strategies into actionable plans.
- Fosters a performance culture with those they collaborate with to deliver positive outcomes across the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of leadership experience in managing selling teams within a multi-channel customer contact center, preferably within a luxury retail brand.
- Demonstrated experience in motivating and developing a high performing team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; effective presentation skills.
- Strong prioritization and time management skills with ability to delegate effectively.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to a constantly changing environment.
- Proven ability to work and communicate with all levels of the organization including cross-functional teams.
- A self motivated individual with ability to adapt to change and take ownership and initiative.
- Ability to travel within the city limits to other stores
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An attractive employee discount
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.