Associate Manager (Cosmetics) | Sherway
City : ETOBICOKE, Ontario
Category : Full-Time
Industry : Stores
Employer : The Bay
What This Position is All About
Under direction from the General Manager or Assistant General Manager of Merchandising, the Associate Manager (Cosmetics) is responsible for building sales volume, establishing and maintaining customer relationships, creating effective teamwork among associates, and developing sales associate talent through consistent coaching opportunities. The Cosmetics Sales Manager is responsible for maximizing department and vendor sales volume in accordance with all store and company goals, policies, procedures, and techniques.
Who You Are:
- You have been described by past peers and managers as having “strong leadership skills” and “excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills”
- You get things done by engaging in high level teamwork and flexing your interpersonal skills
- You utilize your strong communication skills to inspire, direct, and lead your team to meet all proposed deadlines
- You can work independently without concern, stay self-motivated and always meet your deadlines
You Also Have:
- Post-secondary degree / education in a related field
- 3+ years of management experience with comparable volume or a proven track record of success managing a selling workforce and achieving results
- 2+ years of experience with cosmetics and / or fragrance
- Proficiency in utilizing available technology, especially Microsoft Office Suite
- Flexibility in scheduling as the business needs require evening, weekend, and holiday availability
As the Cosmetics Sales Manager, You Will:
- Take an active role in the training and ongoing education of the selling team, provide product knowledge training, event information, policy and procedure updates, as well as ensure that merchandise opportunities are appropriately communicated to the merchant organization in order to support the selling effort
- Maintain a strong floor presence to drive selling efforts, model service behaviors to reinforce the service imperative, and ensure consistent adherence to the service standards
- Utilize revenue and reports to monitor sales, analyze deficiencies, and respond quickly to opportunities
- Build and execute development plans to drive optimal performance for all direct reports
How Often You May Travel:
Your Life and Career at HBC:
Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner-operator
Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate
A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental)
An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.