Associate, Law Group Administration
City : TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Category : Audit | Compliance | Legal | Risk
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What is the opportunity?
As an Associate, Law Group Administration, you will be assisting corporate legal attorneys in resolving routine legal issues by providing administrative support. You will also conducting legal tasks, such as research and drafting, under the supervision of corporate legal attorneys. Maintaining repositories of legal documentation and databases and collecting law sources for attorneys such as statutes, recorded judicial decisions, legal articles, treaties, constitutions, and legal codes for preparation of legal documents, such as briefs, pleadings, appeals, wills, contracts, etc.
What you will do?
- Provide superior administrative support to multiple in-house Counsel demonstrating high initiative and proactive behaviour in all aspects of the role.
- Coordinate the information gathering for presentations or reports and/or assist in preparing presentation materials for the Operating Committee (OC) & other committees, group meetings etc.
- Execution of high quality documentation, correspondence, black-lining documents, travel arrangements, preparing expense claims, payment of legal invoices, E-filing, scanning copying and archiving
- Proof reading correspondence, documentation and attachments with attention to detail.
- Responsible for opening, updating and closing files in T360.
- Calendar management including the organization of meetings, telecom, video conferencing and WebEx and ensuring accuracy and judgment in scheduling.
- Coordinate catering for meetings and seminars to ensure compliance with RBC Policies
- Special projects as required.
- Proficiency in the use of software application including MS Office -Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, T-360, iManage and Concur.
- Must have 3-5 years of experience with a law firm or financial institution.
Nice to have
- Law Clerk designation an asset.
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- Flexible work/life balance options
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.