Associate Investment Advisor
City : WEST VANCOUVER, British Columbia, Canada
Category : Customer Service | Client Advice | Sales
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What is the opportunity?
The RBC Dominion Securities branch located in West Vancouver is seeking an Associate Investment Advisor to join a successful Advisory Team. You will deepen client relationships by offering sound advice and support to clients and to the Investment Advisor. Identifying and assisting growth of new business opportunities will also be key.
What will you do?
- Provide proactive client service with a problem-resolution focus and attention to details. Liaise with various departments for execution, where necessary.
- Identify and execute opportunities among existing client base for asset consolidation, referrals, etc.
- Trading and / or Portfolio Rebalancing
- Conduct ongoing research on markets and investments, provide regular updates to the advisory team.
What do you need to succeed?
- Approval as a Registered Representative (RR) with IIROC
- Successful completion of the Investment Management Techniques (IMT) Course/ CIM or CFA
- University degree
- A self-directed individual with a growth and goals-oriented mindset
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills in English
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- 4 years or more of professional experience within investment industry
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong problem solving and analytical skills
- CIM designation, an asset
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- Opportunities to building close relationships with clients
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.