Associate Group Lead, Commercial Banking (Montreal, Qc)
City : Montreal, QC, CA, H3A3L6
Category : Manager
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 154896
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
The Associate Group Lead contributes to the overall success of Canadian Business Banking ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
As the AGL, you will be responsible for ensuring their portfolio meets compliance to various credit metrics as well as monitoring the portfolio to identify any negative trends. You are also responsible for managing the Client Service Associates.
Is This Role Right for You? In this role, you will:
- Manage 4-8 Client Service Associates in Mid Market as well as working closely with 6-12 (Sr) Client Relationship Managers in Mid Market
- Clients being serviced are in Canada and generally within the same region although they could have operations across the country as well as in international locations.
- Clients are in the Mid-Market segment and will be both borrowing (between $1MM to $25MM) and non-borrowing (typically deposits <$50MM). Borrowing Clients typically have moderate to higher complexity financial solutions. Typically, clients have sales up to $75MM.
- You will receive requests from the Director & Group Lead, Client Relationships (Mid-Market), Canadian Business Banking and the Vice President, Canadian Business Banking. You will also interact primarily with various internal partners which include: Global Risk Management, Shared Services, Global Business Payments, Payment Cash Management, Leasing, Global Banking Markets, Wealth Management, Enhanced Due Diligence Unit as well as the Canadian Business Banking Executive Office.
- You will work with clients providing service consistent with Scotia Service Standards, Complaint Resolution Standards and Procedures. The AGL looks for opportunities to promote the sale of bank product and services.
- The environment is fast paced and demanding and will at times require priorities be re-adjusted to accommodate urgent requests
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role? We'd love to work with you if you have:
- University Degree with Business Background- MBA or professional designation preferred
- Must have at least 2-5 years of commercial banking experience
- Excellent risk assessment and credit skills and ability to structure deals
- Expert knowledge of Canada’s financial services marketplace and of the assigned market area’s key industries, major customers and competitive positioning within the assigned market areas.
- Solid understanding of the Canadian Business Banking objectives, strategies and structures. To complement this, the incumbent must possess tactical planning skills and implementation/ management skills.
- Expert sales management, coaching, relationship building and leadership skills are essential, along with the ability to influence and motivate others.
- Strong interpersonal skills are essential for business development/customer relationship building and to facilitate a positive and effective team environment.
- Strong personal computer skills and familiarity with word processing, spreadsheet software and planning tools are necessary as the incumbent uses a PC for a variety of communication, sales management and general information activities including preparing documents, monitoring results and responding to enquiries.
- Expert knowledge of Canadian Business Banking products and services, including systems, routines and operating procedures;
- Thorough knowledge of Bank’s business lending and deposit products and services, and customer profitability model
- Strong communication skills in English and French
What's in it for you?
- The opportunity to join a forward-thinking organization surrounded by a collaborative team of innovative thinkers
- A rewarding career path with diverse opportunities for professional development
- Internal training to support your career growth and enhance your skills
- An organization committed to making a difference in our communities – for you and our customers
- You can expect to be recognized and rewarded for high-performance. You’ll be supported by leadership through meaningful development conversations that enable faster advancement and internal training to support your growth and development.
- A competitive compensation and benefits package
Location(s): Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.