Associate Director, Wholesale Financial Control
City : TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Category : Finance | Accounting
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What is the opportunity?
For forward-thinking and results-focused leaders, this is an opportunity to join the Capital Markets Financial Control team of Canada’s largest company, frequently ranked as one of the top companies to work for in Canada. RBC is internationally recognized for its commitment to innovation, diversity, customer satisfaction and corporate social responsibility.
RBC Capital Markets is an innovative and dynamic platform with a diverse product set and fast pace of continuous change, which provides ample scope for learning and career growth. You will be joining the Capital Markets Financial Control team, which supports our Corporate and Investment Banking and Global Market businesses.
If you are proactive, self-motivated, excited about working on a high profile, challenging M&A integration, and interested in building a career within a world-class financial institution, this is a great opportunity for you.
What will you do?
- Support the Director and Senior Director in setting the strategic direction for M&A integration activities for Financial Control this will include, but is not limited to:
- Working with relevant stakeholders in Finance to prepare and maintain a detailed integration plan for Financial Control
- Collaborating with Finance counterparts in Financial Control, Product Control, Performance Management, Tax and Enterprise Finance and other impacted stakeholders including Front Office, IT, Operations and Law Group to support completion against plan and identify, elevate and address key execution risks
- Effectively represent Financial Control in planning and ongoing discussions related to central M&A integration initiatives.
- In relation to specified M&A integration initiatives, you are the Quarterback for Finance with respect to accounting issues, ensuring transactions are accurately and completely captured in RBC financial systems, and orchestrating relevant activities through functional partners to enable Front Office transactions. As a result, you will:
- Create relationships with the business and other key stakeholders (e.g., Product Control, Performance Management, IT, Risk Management, Accounting Policy, Tax, Capital and other Enterprise Finance partners) striving to be a trusted business partner and the first port of call in resolving finance-related integration issues.
- Control and governance over the financial position and performance of each business area affected by specified M&A integration initiatives and flawless execution of related integration processes -- including review of financial and regulatory submissions (e.g., journal entries, templates) -- is fundamental to your role. You will:
- Review and execute integration financial close processes on a monthly, quarterly and, where required mid-month basis, ensuring the timely production of accurate financial and regulatory results and disclosures.
- Manage internal and external auditor support, including review and development of SOX and other process documentation related to integration activities.
What do you need to succeed?
- CPA or equivalent designation, evidenced by a strong knowledge and understanding of financial reporting under IFRS accounting standards and internal controls over financial reporting.
- Curiosity to explore better ways of working while maintaining a strong governance mindset, accompanied by a drive to take ownership for and resolve issues with a sense of urgency.
- Willingness to speak-up and ask questions, raise concerns and advocate for requirements relevant to Financial Control in cross-functional forums.
- Excellent analytical thinking and acute attention to detail.
- Excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills – ability to work with people from different functional groups at all levels within the organization.
- Ability to manage numerous priorities simultaneously amidst tight deadlines.
Nice to Have
- Exposure to Capital Markets businesses including some understanding of complex financial instruments and transactions relating to securities, corporate lending, investment banking, secured financing, derivatives and debt/equity issuances, together with a willingness and interest in deepening that knowledge.
- Experience with RBC financial systems and associated processes.
- Minimum 5 years of high level involvement in Financial/management reporting.
- People Management experience
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits and competitive compensation
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities, enabling long-term career growth within a world class organization
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do interesting and challenging work
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.