Associate Director, Technology Corporate Banking
City : New York City, NY, US, 10281
Category : Business and Financial Operations
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 174515
Salary Range: 185,000.00 - 185,000.00
Please note that the Salary Range shown is a guideline only. Salary offered may vary based on factors, including, but not limited to, the successful candidate’s relevant knowledge, skills, and experience.
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Position: Associate Director, Technology Corporate Banking
The Associate Director will work with senior bankers across a variety of different transaction types in servicing our larger corporate clients, including credit facilities, term loans, supply chain finance, foreign exchange, derivatives and debt capital markets transactions. As one of the fastest growing and most dynamic groups within the Bank, the Associate Director can expect to have numerous opportunities to demonstrate growth, initiative and intellect. With an increasing roster of highly experienced senior bankers, the tech team continues to innovate and drive additional topline revenue and net income for Scotiabank. If you are interested in a fast-paced, challenging but exciting environment, working with many of the largest technology businesses in the U.S., the technology corporate banking team welcomes the opportunity to connect with you.
Responsible for handling all credit-related activities including: the completion of credit presentations, identifying lending and cross-sell opportunities, structuring loan transactions, building financial models, negotiating documentation, and monitoring compliance and industry trends. Contribute to the overall success of the team ensuring specific individual goals, plans, and initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. Ensure all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
- Support origination initiatives by working collaboratively across the Technology CIB team and product teams on the origination and execution of a wide range of financing, advisory and hedging solutions
- Prepare presentations and pitch books regarding strategic advisory across integrated debt, equity, M&A and hedging solutions
- Maintain and design internal materials (excel, PowerPoint) on the corporate finance, strategic investment and industry related trends for comparative analysis and presentation
- Oversee and execute a range of corporate finance related tasks including: financial analysis, building and analyzing advanced financial models (including standalone, DCF, and LBO models) industry research, due diligence, etc.
- Coaching, training and development of Analysts and Associates
- Quality stamp and assume responsibility for different output generated by junior staff (i.e., presentations, credit proposals)
- Assist with preparing and overseeing internal documents, including committee memos and credit memos
- Maintain client contact in both the marketing and execution phases of transactions
- Take an autonomous lead role in identifying, soliciting, and exploring potential new business opportunities
- With D/MD support, builds relationships with junior members of Finance and Corp Development teams with the Bank’s focus clients
Education / Experience
- 5-7 years of corporate banking and/or credit experience
- MBA, CFA or other relevant professional designation
- Strong quantitative skills
- Strong written, verbal, and negotiation skills
- A high level of attention to detail
- The ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining a high standard of work
- The ability to excel under pressure amid demanding deadlines
- The ability to perform effectively in a team environment
- High professional standards including a strong sense of personal integrity and teamwork
- Demonstrated ability to quickly adapt to new situations
- A high level of energy and a keen desire to learn new concepts
- Independent thinker and proven ability to make decisions
- Obtain and maintain required FINRA registration and licensing appropriate to your functions and responsibilities
Location(s): United States : New York : New York City
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.