Associate Director, Risk and Investment Analytics Product Owner
City : TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Category : Strategy | Project & Program Management
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What is the opportunity?
In this role, your primary responsibility will be around our Risk and Investment Analytics (R&IA) services which include Performance Reporting and Compliance monitoring services within Investor Services (“IS”). You will support the overall product strategy, direction and profitability for R&IA within RBC Investor Services, in alignment with the organization’s strategic objectives. In addition, you will support designing and developing product features to support client retention, target client acquisition, enhance client experience, help improve operational efficiency and deliver on commitments made to clients, including drive and oversee execution of approved product change/development, as well as support the Product Standards & the operating framework for R&IA.
What will you do?
- Proactively involved in the assessment of available market intelligence and stakeholder feedback (clients and functions) on strategy and evolution of the Risk and Investment Analytics service, including target market, features, and product/service experience
- Support development and maintenance of the R&IA product with a focus on delivering NIAT growth through enhancing and digitizing the product offering, generating client value and driving operational efficiency
- Deliver a clear product roadmap in-collaboration with the Product team, Client Experience, Client Operations and Client Coverage
- Work with the analyst team to conduct analysis on the development of product-related change and ensure change remains aligned to existing regulation and/or internal RBC policies
- Support the design of the R&IA operating model(s), product standards and technical stack/architecture, with an objective to simplify and drive efficiency
- Support client retention, win and/or upsell in collaboration with the business development team;
- Work with the analyst team to gain an in-depth understanding of the P&L for the Risk and Investment Analytics services and embed financials in driving client, product, execution and functional change on product profitability
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the upstream services such as Custody, Fund accounting and Private Capital Services how the data from these services impacts into Risk and Investment analytics
- Responsible for collaborating with product team to improve upstream data that R&IA is reliant to improve efficiency and enhance the product offering
- Gather sustainable, ongoing information in relation to client satisfaction with current RBC I&TS product suite and expectations for future product delivery
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate governance, compliance with policies/frameworks and oversight of issues, risks, audit and compliance items
- Present to RBC and IS senior management as requested by Product Heads and lead delivery of one-off initiatives as required by the Digital Client Experience and Product segment
What do you need to succeed?
- BA or BSc in business, or other relevant degree
- Over 5 years’ experience in the asset servicing industry, with a specific focus in Performance reporting and Compliance monitoring services
- Sound technical knowledge of the financial services and asset management industry
- Experience in developing efficient strategies and business plans for Investment Performance and Compliance monitoring services
- Strong technical knowledge and technical translation skills
- Comfort in using sophisticated business information and analytic tools
- Ability to understand both finance and business realities to challenge decisions Highly organized, self-motivated and entrepreneurial with drive to deliver products in-support of client experience and profitability objectives
- Strong relationship management, communications and partnership development capabilities and skills
- Ability to consume and distill significant amount of information and data and be able to present it in a simple manner to support decision making (so effectively strong communication skills north written and spoken)
- Comfortable with ambiguity, a self-starter, someone who can also create their own day and results oriented
- Excellent client service skills
- Ability to manage small to medium sized teams
- MBA, MMA, CFA or post-graduate in business or finance
- Professional qualifications from a recognized industry body
- Fluency in French
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Excellent opportunity to make a meaningful impact on the RBC Investor 7 Treasury service business and gain knowledge and experience from a strong and diverse team
- Opportunity to collaborate with other business segments within the bank
- Excellent career development and progression opportunities
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits
- Competitive compensation
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.