Associate Director, Real Estate Banking (Montreal, QC)
City : Montreal, QC, CA, H3A3L6
Category : Account Managers
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 184556
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Contributes to the overall success of the Commercial Real Estate Banking team, ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
The Associate Director is responsible for contributing to the overall success of Real Estate Banking by meeting his/her team financial and non-financial metrics and supporting the Director with the management of a portfolio of accounts.
Is This Role Right for You? In this role, you will:
- Champion a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge
- Negotiated goals and objectives include:
- Team Financial objectives that consist of new loan acceptances, asset, revenue and deposit growth, new customer acquisition, and referrals to other departments within the Bank...
- Non-financial objectives that consist of customer service, operational effectiveness and personal development.
- Manage a team of Associates and Credit Solutions Analysts (based on the assigned market and portfolio).
- Provide customized and creative financial solutions to satisfy clients needs and delivering a consistent customer service experience.
- Maintain credit quality and profitability of customer relationships.
- Monitor all accounts to ensure the Bank’s security position remains within guidelines, all conditions are met, and timely action has been taken with sundry maintenance items such as maturity dates and annual reviews./
- Provide effective account management and safeguard the Bank’s assets and liabilities by
- Support the business development activities of the Bank by:
- Taking a positive approach to business and identifying new business opportunities with proper focus on profitability and risk.
- Assisting the Director & Group Lead by researching, preparing and conducting sales calls the site visits.
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursue effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
- Champion a high-performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- You have a university degree, plus three to five years of direct experience in real estate lending.
- You have a proven business development and sales management skills.
- Strong negotiating and problem-solving skills in the handling of complex selling situations, credit structuring, pricing of credits, management and collection of problem accounts.
- Demonstrated skills in writing, financial analysis and risk assessment.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of real estate lending.
- Strong personal and interpersonal skills to develop and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with clients.
- Proven staff motivation ability, as well as strong communication skills.
- Bilingualism in French and English is required
What we’re offering:
- The opportunity to join a forward-thinking organization surrounded by a collaborative team of innovative thinkers
- A rewarding career path with diverse opportunities for professional development
- A competitive compensation and benefits package
- Internal training to support your career growth and enhance your skills
- An organization committed to making a difference in our communities – for you and our customers
Location(s): Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.