Associate Director, Projects
City : TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Category : Operations
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What is the opportunity?
In this role, you will support the Managing Director, Pricing and Projects and Director, Projects in overall delivery of streamlined, proactive, rigorous analyses by co-leading strategic projects. You will be responsible for oversight of strategic projects to enable decision-making related to spend and prioritization, and to ensure alignment with strategic priorities. You will partner with a variety of internal stakeholders to improve reporting on the project portfolio – where we spend, why, benefit and risk profiles.
What will you do?
- Build strong stakeholder relationships in order to reach target outcomes:
- Enhance the processes for how projects are managed and governed in order to improve decision making and prioritization
- Collaborate with colleagues across the organization to get things done
- Leads oversight of special projects while driving execution excellence
- Collaborate with senior stakeholders to drive expedited delivery of projects
- Provide a variety of routine, and ad-hoc, management reporting to the Board, Senior Leadership and others on the project portfolio and performance
- Support effective review and approval processes for high priority projects
- Work in close partnership with the Strategy team to understand IS’ strategy
- Help promote a culture of integrity by promoting open, honest and transparent dealing in the day-to-day management and execution of projects, working with the Director, Projects to act as an escalation point, as appropriate
What do you need to succeed?
- Undergraduate degree (BBA, PEng, etc)
- MBA, CPA or CFA designation.
- 7+ years’ relevant industry experience
- Strong knowledge of securities industry and market, with business acumen
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Systems/IT fluency (MS Excel, PPT, Projects) etc.
- Ability to influence senior management with persuasive and thoughtful communication and financial reporting
- Process improvement experience
- Ability to co-lead teams with expert knowledge of program and project plan development and management, program and project metrics, analysis, and status reporting
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Exposure to senior management in I&TS
- Working within a small team structure, with the opportunity to get involved in a broad variety of initiatives
- Excellent career development and progression opportunities
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits
- Competitive compensation
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.