Associate Director or Director, Investment Banking, Power & Utilities – Toronto, ON
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5H 0B4
Category : Business and Financial Operations
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 185078
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Associate Director or Director, Investment Banking, Power & Utilities - Toronto, ON
Global Banking and Markets
Global Banking and Markets (GBM) is a leading Canadian Capital Markets and Investment Banking business with a growing platform in the US and Latin America, operating globally for over 100 years. Scotiabank’s strong U.S. presence provides our clients an important bridge to this key global market for trade and investment flows across the Americas and the world.
Global Banking & Markets provides a full range of investment banking, credit and risk management products and services relevant to the financing and strategic development needs of our clients. Our products include debt and equity financing, mergers & acquisitions, corporate banking, institutional equity sales, trading and research, fixed income products, derivatives, energy, foreign exchange and precious & metals. We also cross-sell the full range of wholesale products and services offered by the Scotiabank Group.
Be part of an innovative, Global Capital Markets and Investment Banking business with a unique geographic footprint that puts capital to work for our clients across industries! We work together to drive ambition for every future!
Associate Directors / Directors in Investment Banking enjoy a stimulating and challenging work environment in which they lead and execute on a broad range of transactions as well as responsibility for coaching and developing their teams.
With a limited hierarchy of professionals and a small project team approach, Associates Directors /Directors have ample opportunity for career growth and development. On any given project, you will interact with other departments of the firm such as Corporate Banking, Mergers & Acquisitions, Equity Capital Markets, Global Fixed Income and Global Equity Derivatives, gaining knowledge and understanding of both investment banking and the capital markets.
What You'll Do:
- Actively support the Managing Directors and Directors on mandates for key clients with a focus on ensuring strong execution, as well as coordinate with other areas of Scotiabank to deliver multi-product pitches and offerings
- Execute complex transactions with limited senior management oversight with respect to the day-to-day execution of the mandate
- Assist and drive a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Scotiabank relationships, systems, and knowledge
- Deliver high-quality presentations and well thought out analysis
- Demonstrates inclusive leadership by coaching team members, in addition to acting in a mentorship capacity to promote continuous growth and development
- Leads juniors in managing all workflow for origination or execution, including delegations of work appropriately to ensure completion of the work is efficient
What You'll Bring:
- Ideal candidate will possess a relevant Bachelor or Master Degree in Business, Finance, Math, Engineering, Economics, Science or Technology, or equivalent qualification and have an excellent academic and professional record
- 5-8 years of investment banking experience, ideally the Power & Utilities sector. Corporate development experience will also be considered.
- Strong quantitative skills focused on financial analysis, accounting and financial theory
- Experience across all mandate types, including Capital Markets and Mergers & Acquisitions.
- Considered an asset to have completed Masters-level/MBA education (although not essential) and CFA or equivalent designation is an asset
- Strong business development ability to market a range of products and services to corporate clients, and assist on Industry Reviews and initiatives to grow the platform
- Experience leading client coverage teams in an investment banking setting
- High professional standards including a strong sense of personal integrity and teamwork
- This role will require frequent travel, within Canada and International.
- This position is currently a hybrid role, with the expectation that you will work 3-4 days a week in the office (minimum). Please note that this is subject to change based on the needs of the business.
At Scotiabank, every employee is empowered to reach their fullest potential, respected for who they are and, embraced for their differences. That’s why we work to grow and diversify talent and engage employees in a performance-oriented culture.
What's in it for you?
Scotiabank wants you to be able to bring your best self to work – and life, every day. With a focus on holistic well-being, our many flexible benefit programs are designed to help support your unique family, financial, physical, mental, and social health needs.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.