Associate Director or Director Interest Rate Derivatives
City : Toronto
Category : Regular Full-time
Industry : Finance
Employer : National Bank
This is an exciting time to join the National Bank of Canada. We are seeking results-oriented individuals that are looking to be part of a highly driven team which is strongly focused on market expansion in Ontario and Western Canada.
The position is with National Bank of Canada’s Risk Management Solutions (RMS) group. Our group is responsible for developing and originating financial derivative transactions as well as structured solutions for National Bank of Canada’s existing and prospective clients. The Risk Management Solutions group works closely with our Commercial and Private Bankers as well as our Capital Markets teams. Our product scope is truly cross-asset and includes derivatives on interest rates, foreign exchange, equity, and commodities. Our mandate also includes developing new structures to address client needs.
We are seeking an Associate Director or a Director to join our Toronto office and grow our Commercial and Private Banking derivatives solutions.
This opportunity will appeal to highly motivated individuals interested in pursuing career in an entrepreneurial and high-energy environment.
As Associate or Director reporting to the Managing Director and Head of RMS Enterprise and Private Banking, you can expect to actively participate in a wide variety of transactions.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Proposing taylor-made OTC solutions to clients exposed to interest rate markets
- Expanding our Risk Management Solutions offering to Ontario and Western Canada clients and entrepreneurs that operate across all major Canadian industries (Real estate, Manufacturing, Tech, Health, Agricultural, etc.)
- Developing a vast network of internal bankers and interest rate sensitive clients
- Collaborating with Bankers, Structurers and Traders to coordinate the distribution process from end to end
- Leveraging the use of Bank’s technology and information systems, including CRM, Presentations, Dashboard tools to augment the client experience and accelerate the distribution process
- Participating in the elaboration of new products in partnership with Structuring and New Product experts at the Bank
- Respecting bank policies including high Compliance, Credit and Regulatory standards to achieve elevated client satisfaction levels
- Providing exceptional service and support to a variety of clients and bankers in Ontario and Western Canada
The successful candidate must have a strong aptitude for client engagement, work well in a team environment and be highly self-motivated. The role requires a strong foundational understanding of interest rate derivative markets, as well as a demonstrated background in growing a client centric business in finance.
The successful candidate should have:
- Undergraduate university degree, Masters in Finance or CFA
- Minimum of 3 years experience with interest rate derivatives
- Natural ability to develop and manage a portfolio of multiple business relationships
- Deep understanding of major Canadian and global macroeconomic fundamentals
- Excellent teamwork, business development and problem-solving abilities
- Advanced analytical skills, with high proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint and Bloomberg
- Superior interpersonal skills as well as professional autonomy and maturity
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills (English, French is an asset)
In addition to competitive compensation, upon hiring you’ll be eligible for a wide range of flexible benefits to help promote your wellbeing and that of your family.
- Health and wellness program, including many options
- Flexible group insurance
- Generous pension plan
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Preferential banking services
- Initiatives promoting community involvement
- Telemedicine service
- Virtual sleep clinic
These are a few of the benefits available to you. We have an offer that keeps up with trends as well as your needs and those of your family.
Our dynamic work environments and cutting-edge collaboration tools foster a positive employee experience. We actively listen to employees’ ideas. Whether through our surveys or programs, regular feedback and ongoing communication is encouraged.
We're putting people first
We're a bank on a human scale that stands out for its courage, entrepreneurial culture, and passion for people. Our mission is to have a positive impact on peoples' lives.
Our core values of partnership, agility, and empowerment inspire us, and inclusivity is central to our commitments. We offer a barrier-free workplace that is accessible to all employees.
We want our recruitment process to be fully accessible. If you require accommodations, feel free to let us know during your first conversations with us.
We welcome all candidates! What can you bring to our team?
Ready to live your ambitions?