Associate Director, Network Program
City : Calgary, AB
Category : Supervisory and management
Industry : Charitable Organizations
Employer : Canadian Blood Services
Please note: We work in a hybrid environment. The successful candidate must be located near a Canadian Blood Service site with the flexibility to work remotely to ensure we continue to meet the needs of our donors, our staff and our communities.
Job category: Supervisory and management
Job posting ID: 3880
Employment status: Temporary full-time
Position's anticipated end date: 2024-03-29 with the possibility of regular full-time
Classification: PTS/MGT/IT B
Salary/Rate of pay: $104,000 to $132,000
Application deadline: 2022-12-05
Somewhere in Canada there’s a life you can save.
Be part of a dynamic, collaborative and caring organization committed to saving and improving the lives of Canadians. Thousands of Canadians depend on us every day for reliable access to blood, plasma, stem cells and organs and tissues.
Join Canada’s Lifeline and make a meaningful difference every day.
About the role
The Associate Director is responsible for leading a developing Canadian Blood Services (CBS) network strategy, and business case development for a program of critical large-scale project business cases in fresh blood product operations. The focus of this program will be enabling strategic design decisions for this critical portfolio, ensuring smooth handoff with execution teams, and developing an end-to-end network roadmap. This individual will be a critical resource catalysing strategy implementation and enabling scalability to future years.
As a member of the Integrated Supply Chain Planning team, the Associate Director is responsible for the development and maintenance of an enterprise roadmap of network projects with focus on fresh blood product operations and critical path intersecting network needs including, but not limited to, plasma operations. This network roadmap will be supported with clear strategic goals, key success measures, and leading change management processes to ensure high quality delivery and successful transition to execution. This work will be integrated with parallel programs including a developing Asset Management Program, a developing Fresh Blood Operations Infrastructure PMO, and an existing Plasma Operations Infrastructure program, and will transition to a long-term network strategy governance program.
Key components of the operationalization of the network strategy include: articulation of a detailed roadmap of network change and associated change drivers; clear visibility to network project change costs and benefits; ensuring all projects/initiatives are defined, tracked and communicated in a consistent and effective manner; incorporating effective change and risk management controls; communicating the effectiveness of the portfolio through metrics and key performance indicators; and support for strategy and governance developments and enhancements including change management and prioritization criteria.
- Lead the operationalization of the developing CBS Network Program strategy, in collaboration with internal parties including but not limited to Finance, Facilities, Integrated Supply Chain Operations, Plasma Operations, Strategy, and EPMO.
- Own the organizational network change roadmap providing the comprehensive strategic view for the organization’s national presence for fresh blood product operations, at a minimum.
- Lead business case development and design decision enablement for a critical portfolio of network change projects planned for execution in 2023-2024.
- Enable and support project milestone execution escalations that require strategic network change decisions including but not limited to execution results deviating from target.
- Provide risk expertise in support of the management of the network change portfolio.
- Lead and support governance of critical Fresh Blood Product roadmap and deliverable changes.
- Transition key network changes through strategic approval gates and into implementation mode, supporting the hand off to project execution planning.
- Develop processes for network strategy change that align with enterprise change management processes.
- Facilitate the key changes required to improve strategy execution and develop a high-functioning integrated team, including managing and enabling changes related to structure, behaviour and culture.
- Support integration of network strategy development with a growing asset management program, and Infrastructure PMO(s).
- Support the development and progression of CBS network strategy and governance.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Education, Training and Experience:
- Post-secondary level education in a relevant discipline from a recognized academic institution, preferably a University Degree in Engineering, Business Administration, or equivalent.
- Proven knowledge of project management tools and methodologies. Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification an asset.
- Minimum ten years of directly related progressive leadership experience working in program management with large teams and/or projects over a wide geographic area.
- Minimum ten years of experience in the civil construction industry or equivalent including physical network infrastructure planning, project management, construction and financial management and related disciplines.
- Experience designing and implementing project and portfolio management processes.
- Significant operations management experience an asset.
- Strategy development experience an asset.
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
Demonstrated Competencies, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Expertise in building relationships and enabling convergence of multiple teams in operationalizing a strategy and problem solving.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to quickly produce and deliver clearly written, well-organized materials (e.g., analysis, recommendations) and presentations.
- Ability to conceptualize, analyse, simplify and communicate complex issues, processes and risks and make sound recommendations.
- Flexible and resilient; able to deal with complex business environment and to find creative and innovative solutions to issues, generating new approaches that enhance operational effectiveness.
- Ability to effectively lead teams, encourage collaboration, innovation and continuous improvement.
- Ability to influence and build strong working relationships with stakeholders from various functional areas.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver on a project implementation plan.
- Demonstrated ability to complete moderate to complex problems and provide a new perspective on existing solutions plan and goals.
- Competitive base salary.
- Payments in lieu of vacation, holidays, and benefits.
- Annual Performance Award up to 10%.
- Flexible remote work schedule.
- Choice of defined contribution or defined benefits pension plan.
- Employee discounts, wellness programs, and much more.
Diversity and inclusion play a vital role in ensuring health equity for patients across Canada. We are committed to reflecting Canada’s population in our organization and fostering an environment where all employees can be their authentic selves, with equal opportunities to succeed and contribute.
To protect the health and safety of its employees, all Canadian Blood Services’ employees are required to be fully vaccinated (COVID-19 vaccine doses as approved by Health Canada), subject to any medical or other human rights grounds. Persons who have been vaccinated outside of Canada must contact their local Public Health Unit in order to obtain a vaccine equivalency certificate.
If this role resonates with you, we encourage you to apply! This could be your first step towards a meaningful and inspiring career. Come to work each day knowing that you save lives.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those considered for an interview or those invited to participate in an assessment (such as testing) will be contacted. Applicants who require accommodation should discuss their needs with us.