Associate Director NAV Production
City : TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Category : Operations
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What is the opportunity?
In this role, you will be responsible for coaching, mentoring, and leading a group of NAV Production team managers. You will ensure RBC Investor & Treasury Services (I&TS) policies & procedures are strictly adhered to and that all department processes & controls are followed. You will foster a mindset of client-centric service, professionalism, and collaboration; and encourage and support the implementation of process enhancements, simplification, STP, and automation. In addition, you will provide oversight of the ongoing production of accurate net asset values (NAVs) for the group’s entire fund range; as well as providing oversight of all business processes, risks, audits, regulatory requirements, and key performance metrics (SLAs/KPIs).
What will you do?
- Supervise the accuracy, timeliness and completeness of all processes.
- Assist managers in resolving issues and act as their mentor & leader
- Establish an environment of continuous improvement that assesses workflow, processes, and procedures on an ongoing basis, ensuring maximum efficiency and quality within the NAV Production Group
- Mitigate financial/reputational risk by ensuring appropriate structure, resources, procedures and controls are developed and maintained in compliance with regulatory requirements or company policies
- Continuously identify opportunities to enhance our service and value proposition for our clients
- Exercise sound judgement and make business decisions on an appropriate understanding of risk in order to protect the long term interests of RBC and its clients.
- Challenge my own biases in managing my team, build trust by being inclusive, candid and sincere, and create a supportive space for employees to speak up, including employees outside of my reporting line.
- First time, right time, efficiently execute client requests and transactions
- Establish goals and actions to effectively manage Controllable and Uncontrollable Costs
What do you need to succeed?
- Post-secondary education with an accounting/finance or equivalent
- 8-10 years financial services industry experience in an operations environment
- 3-5 years’ experience managing groups of operations professionals
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills with a proven track record of dealing with clients, industry associations, senior management, colleagues and staff
- Good communication, presentation and negotiation skills with proven organizational and time management skills
- Good innovation and change management orientation
- Good business acumen and profit orientation
- Risk management and mitigation focus
- Good talent management and leadership capabilities
- Strong understanding of fund accounting and net asset value computation for investment funds
- Accounting designation (CPA, CA, CMA, CGA)
- Other designations (CFA)
- Up to date knowledge of the securities markets and Investment regulations
- Experience in ETFs and Project/Transformation work
- Knowledge of RBC Investor & Treasury Services systems
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Excellent exposure to communicate with various business partners and stakeholders in Investor & Treasury Services and within other platforms as appropriate
- Opportunity to obtain hands-on experience throughout your role
- Working with an exciting, close-knit, supportive & dynamic group
- Opportunity to collaborate with other business segments within the bank
- Excellent career development and progression opportunities
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits
- Competitive compensation
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.