Associate Director, Liquidity Portfolio, Markets
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5H 0B4
Category : Treasurers
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 176888
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Contributes to the overall success of the Group Treasury Liquidity Portfolio & Markets team ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies, and procedures.
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems, and knowledge.
- Portfolio Management:
- Contribute to the development and execution of the Head Office Liquidity Portfolio strategy.
- Identify investment opportunities based on liquidity profile, relative value, and understanding of credit/swap spreads.
- Forecast and determine the impact of portfolio changes on overall Bank KPIs.
- Manage risk relative to product, credit, and counterparty limits.
- Make investment decisions based on portfolio management constraints.
- Green Portfolio, ESG strategy & execution:
- Assist in the management of the ESG portfolio, with the goal of enhancing portfolio returns.
- Contribute to Group Treasury’s investment climate commitments.
- Represent the team in ESG focused initiatives, industry events, and education.
- Analytics Improvement & Innovation:
- Drive and manage analytical projects for the liquidity portfolio in partnership with key initiative stakeholders (Balance Sheet Management, Funding and Liquidity, etc.).
- Define parameters such as project design, resourcing, development requirements, and checkpoints to ensure efficient and effective delivery.
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- Champions a high performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
Education / Experience / Other Information
- Experienced capital markets portfolio manager or analyst with strong analytical and communication skills.
- An undergraduate degree in finance, economics, or other quantitative fields required.
- Master’s Degree and/or CFA/FRM designation preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in capital markets or treasury quantitative roles. This should include meaningful experience related to fixed-income markets.
- Strong understanding of macro-economics, interest rate risk, credit risk, portfolio management and market strategy.
- High level of attention to detail is required.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Adaptable with the ability to manage projects independently, while working in a team environment.
- Programming skills, including Python, SQL, or MATLAB, strongly preferred.
- Experience with visualization software (Tableau or PowerBI) is an asset.
- Experience with Bloomberg is required.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.