Associate Director, GBM Onboarding
City : Singapore, 01, SG, 048583
Category : Operations Specialties Managers
Industry : Financial Services/Banking
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 190763
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Leads and oversees client due diligence (CDD) activities for clients booked to in the APAC region, ensuring client onboarding meets all current Bank policies, including KYC / AML, global tax regulations, global derivative reform type regulations and any additional regulatory frameworks in the Asia Pacific region impacting clients booking into APAC locations.
- Leads and drives a customer focused culture throughout their team to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems, and knowledge.
- Drive client-centric, efficient, and compliant regulatory onboarding and ongoing reviews of GBM clients in APAC Facilitate the onboarding of clients directly as well as resolve day to day matters for the regulatory onboarding team in APAC through coordination with clients, trading desks/bankers, Compliance, Internal Audit, GWO, RMIT, and local / regional Senior Management as required. Rapidly triage and escalate complex issues for resolution.
- Provide leadership, day to day people oversight, and workload management for the client onboarding staff in APAC. Support in the recruitment, management, and ongoing development of both full-time, temporary staff locally and Vendor staff.
- Play a key role in the ongoing development of both tactical processes and long-term technology solutions to support regulatory onboarding requirements. Provide subject matter expertise in the ongoing structuring and rollout of technology and process changes required to ensure onboarding activities are compliant with regulatory frameworks
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Creates an environment in which his/her team pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
- Builds a high-performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment and using a coaching mindset and behaviours; communicating vison/values/business strategy; and managing succession and development planning for the team.
Education / Experience / Other Information
- Bachelor’s degree, An MBA is preferred.
- 10+ years’ direct industry experience in the Capital Markets and Corporate/Investment Banking regulatory due diligence, having covered multiple product areas. An undergraduate and/or graduate degree in Finance, Business, Economics, or a related discipline is required.
- The incumbent must have strong background and expertise of current and anticipated regulatory frameworks impacting client onboarding – namely, evolving regional and global KYC / AML standards, OTC reforms, and tax regulations.
- The position requires strong business acumen, sound judgment and critical thinking skills. The incumbent must be a developing leader with strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills to build consensus and obtain co-operation from clients, colleagues, and senior management.
- Demonstrated successful team leadership and change management experience is required. In addition, excellent time management and organizational skills are required to allow the incumbent to best manage the day-to-day deployment of human resources.
- A sound understanding of the capital markets business is necessary, as is a client-centric approach to the role. The incumbent must have broad knowledge of the end-to-end workflows among the Front, Middle, and Back Offices. The international scope of the business, together with the multiplicity of stakeholders, will require work outside of traditional business hours from time to time.
- Must be able to operate effectively within an exceptionally stressful environment with changing priorities and tight time frames which are closely scrutinized by Senior/Executive Management.
Location(s): Singapore : Singapore : Singapore
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.