Associate Director, Front Office Architect
City : TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Category : Technology | Analytics | Research
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
Capital Markets Technology (QTS) has embarked on major transformation programs across various functional pillars including pre-trade, trade processing, risk, data intelligence, operations across asset classes globally.
In this role you will provide pivotal architecture leadership to drive and define target state functional architecture target states working closely with senior business and technology stakeholders. The position is an Associate Director level role based in Toronto and involves working closely with teams in New York, Toronto, and London.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Formulate functional architecture by analyzing current challenges / impacts, identifying areas of business & technology benefit, driving convergence across stakeholders, and developing roadmaps / funding estimates to achieve target outcomes.
- Facilitate business and technology stakeholders across various groups to define target state architecture ensuring tight alignment with the strategy, platform, and functional objectives.
- Leverage deep front office cross product domain knowledge to form an architecture point of view and drive the appropriate convergence across asset classes.
- Develop architecture presentations that can be socialized with senior technology and business stakeholders.
- Prepare and maintain project artifacts to track the different initiatives aligned with architecture objectives, i.e., roadmap, resources, cost, benefits, and clear status/accomplishments.
- Commit teams across to deliver toward overall transformation targets with defined metrics, KPIs, etc.
- Monitor to ensure that they are delivered on target. Escalate any issues proactively with due alternatives to avoid losing momentum. Identify with the culture in managing all issues – One team!
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED?
- 7+ years’ development experience in Capital Markets technology organizations.
- 5+ years’ experience in a solution / domain architecture role with focus on Capital Markets technology.
- Deep front office domain across multiple asset classes such as FX, Rates, Credit, Equities is a must. Domain knowledge needs to include the full front office lifecycle including sales / trader workflow, quoting / pricing, algo, risk, trade booking, etc.
- Proven track record in driving architecture transformation across large organizations and beyond direct reporting lines
- Required expertise in Microsoft Office tools with proficiency in PowerPoint & Visio. Ability to analyze large amounts of data and prepare summary analysis.
Nice to have:
- Consulting firm experience with broad exposure to multiple firms and breadth across Capital Markets front to back flows is a plus.
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable.
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- A world-class training program in financial services.
- Flexible work/life balance options.
- Opportunities to do challenging work.
ROAR - 592034020
Job SkillsApplications Architecture, Critical Thinking, Data Architecture, Decision Making, Information Technology Consulting, IT Architecture, Multi-Level Communication, Problem Solving, Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), Target Architecture
Additional Job Details
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at jobs.rbc.com.