Associate Director, CLO Structuring
City : New York City, NY, US, 10281
Category : Business and Financial Operations
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 175159
Salary Range: 225,000.00 - 225,000.00
Please note that the Salary Range shown is a guideline only. Salary offered may vary based on factors, including, but not limited to, the successful candidate’s relevant knowledge, skills, and experience.
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Job Description: Associate Director, CLO Structuring/Banking
Scotia is seeking a (ED/VP)-level originator, transaction manager, and relationship CLO banker for its structured credit group. The group will be focusing on both broadly syndicated and middle market CLOs. This senior banker will help build this business and be responsible for cultivating direct relationships for the bank enabling us to further source and develop opportunities. Well qualified candidates should have a successful track record of sourcing transaction opportunities, experience in developing client relationships, evaluating warehouse financing opportunities and experience managing CLO managers through the capital markets offering process.
This person will be responsible for:
- Client marketing and relationship development
- Working knowledge of transaction structures, rating agency methodology
- Warehouse financing terms
- Capital markets advisory - client and process management
- Ongoing client relationship management
- Work closely with internal risk management functions, legal counsel, regulatory, credit, tax and
- accounting experts
- Bachelor's degree (master's degree a plus but not necessary)
- Minimum of 5 years experience with CLO banking / structuring
- Effective communication skills are a must. Skillful written communication is necessary.
- Knowledge of rating agency methodology
- Pragmatic approach to problem solving
- Client focused mindset - strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage priorities
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Team player
- Adherence to all controls processes and procedures
- Series 79 and 63
Location(s): United States : New York : New York City
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.