Associate Content Designer, Scotiabank
City : Toronto, ON, CA, V6B4N7
Category : Manager
Industry : Financial Services/Banking
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 188731
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Join a purpose-driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Scotiabank’s Digital banking organization has a clear and well-supported mandate to transform the way banking technology is delivered, by reimaging the customer experience, fostering innovation to deliver new digital value propositions and enabling our teams to drive significant changes across the organization and for our customers.
We’re looking for an Associate Content Designer to join our design team. You’ll influence the content design of digital experiences that touch millions of people every day, putting Scotiabank customers at the centre of everything you do. Collaborating with other designers, product, engineering, and marketing, you’ll help identify the right problems to solve and be accountable for developing, writing, and optimizing content.
Is this role right for you?
- Support Content Designers and the Group Manager of Content Design to conduct research and analyze industry trends
- Help to plan and craft clear, compelling content for a variety of web and mobile products, making them easier to use
- Assist Content Designers and the Group Manager with all phases of the content workflow, including administrative tasks
- Understand the Scotiabank tone, brand voice, and writing style
- Partner with designers, researchers, product managers, developers, and business lines to understand content requirements and deliver compelling experiences
- Participate in design reviews and collaborate with product managers and designers on content strategy, concepts, navigation, and storytelling
- Conduct market research and competitor analysis to identify trends, opportunities, and best practices
- Ensure content is accurate, consistent, and adheres to brand guidelines and voice
- Collaborate with subject matter experts and stakeholders to gather information and insights for content creation
- Work in an agile environment, helping to identify and advocate for the best content processes or delivery methods in multidisciplinary teams
- Analyze and interpret data effectively to inform decision making processes and build a solid understanding of customer pain points, needs, and expectations
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
We encourage you to apply if you can meet most of the required skills and are comfortable having a conversation about your unique skillset.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, or related field
- 1+ years of experience in UX writing, content design, content strategy, technical writing, or similar
- Strong writing and editing skills, with a strong command of grammar, syntax, style, and a focus on plain language writing
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to delivering high-quality work
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Able to adapt to changing design requirements and priorities
- A natural curiosity for personal finance
- Eager to learn and improve design skills and knowledge
- A fast learner who has an appetite to understand what’s behind both simple and complex financial solutions
- Comfortable working within tight timeframes and with working creatively within specific constraints
- Proven multi-tasking skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Previous experience in banking and financial services
- Familiarity in content management systems, Figma, and a strong understanding of collaboration suites such as Slack
- An understanding of scrum teams and collaborating with designers, developers, product owners, researchers, digital accessibility specialists, translation teams, and legal and compliance
- A respect for and focus on diversity, inclusion, and accessibility
What's in it for you?
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Allyship - We strive to create an inclusive culture where every employee is empowered to reach their fullest potential, respected for who they are, and are embraced through bias-free practices and inclusive values across Scotiabank. We embrace diversity and provide opportunities for all employee to learn, grow & participate through our various Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) that span across diverse gender identities, ethnicity, race, age, ability & veterans.
- Accessibility and Workplace Accommodations - We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Scotiabank continues to locate, remove and prevent barriers so that we can build a diverse and inclusive environment while meeting accessibility requirements.
- Remote-friendly work environment will provide you with the flexibility to perform at your best.
- Upskilling through online courses, cross-functional development opportunities, and tuition assistance.
- Competitive Rewards program including bonus, flexible vacation, personal, sick days and benefits will start on day one.
- Dynamic Office - Fully equipped gym, showers, games room, bowling alley, micro market, free tea & coffee, universal washrooms, wellness rooms, and lots of space for team collaboration.
- Community Engagement - no matter where you choose to work from; we offer opportunities for community engagement & belonging with our various programs such as hackathons, contests, cooking with friends, Humans of Digital and much more!
Work arrangements: Hybrid
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.