Associate, Communications Surveillance Product Development – Toronto
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5H 0B4
Category : Business and Financial Operations
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 175180
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
The Communications Surveillance Product Development Analyst is a key member of the Global Banking and Markets Internal Control team. Working with the Communications Surveillance Product Development Lead, this role will work to understand what is required to evolve the communications surveillance solutions to both address known issues and, more importantly, become truly best-in-class
Is this role right for you?
- Under the leadership of the Associate Director, Communications Surveillance Product Development Lead, draft business requirements that address known issues and required enhancements to the solutions utilized by the Communications Surveillance program
- Manage the testing effort related to enhancements to the program working closely with business leads to perform the UAT and with Technology to address any issues on the path to deployment
- In collaboration with the broader Communications Surveillance team design effective controls to the benefit of the program, then test the controls ahead of any planned deployment
- Draft the business requirements and lead the testing of management reporting solutions to better visualize and track the performance of the program relative to key metrics (KPIs)
- Forge strong relationships across the key stakeholder group (includes Internal Controls, Compliance, Legal and Technology colleagues) and collaborate effectively with them to validate that delivery is effective as possible and meets the requirements head on
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role? We'd love to work with you if you have:
- University degree in business, finance, other related field
- Knowledge of GBM products or wholesale banking organization and client interaction process is an asset
- Experience leading projects/programs is required
- Experience with regulatory/risk related projects is preferred
- Project management training (PMP/PRINCE/Other) is preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to guide decision making process and facilitate consensus
- Proven problem solving skills and experience
- Strong writing skills, experience creating high quality deliverables and projects
- Ability to effectively communicate with the Business Lines, Supervisors and other stakeholders
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.