Associate Buyer, Men’s Sportswear
City : TORONTO, Ontario
Category : Full-Time
Industry : The Bay Buying
Employer : The Bay
Lead a Brilliant Career.
Bring your authentic self to work every day, and help our customers express themselves, style their home, and live their life in a way that reflects who they truly are.
As a brand, we celebrate the differences that make each and every one of us unique because we believe that people shouldn't fit archetypes.
So why should your career be anything less than extraordinary?
What to Expect:
The Associate Buyer is responsible for achieving sales and profit objectives for a specific merchandise category or categories. They will build a customer-centric assortment for an assigned merchandise area driving omni-sales, profit, and turnover objectives. This responsibility includes the development and successful implementation of buying strategies, merchandise programs, and marketing plans.
● Build assortments targeted to the Hudson’s Bay customer while meeting our omni strategy to deliver differentiation and exclusivity in the market
● Develop and execute seasonal buying strategies in partnership with the Buyer and Planning team to achieve target budgets, margins and sell-through
● Understand the competitive landscape and market trends to identify business opportunities
● Lead and coach Assistant Buyer
● Must have 3-5 years of experience in merchandise buying or planning, supporting both the creative and financial aspects of merchandising
● University or College degree in Fashion Merchandising, Business, or related field preferred
● Excellent financial acumen including a thorough understanding of financial metrics (including sales, gross profit etc.) to identify key buying and sales trends
● Engaged in high-level teamwork and flexing your interpersonal skills
● A respected and proven thought leader with a quantifiable track record of success in delivering results within a large complex organization
● A natural problem-solver, who is also intuitively analytical and creative
● Benefits package inclusive of parental leave top up, retirement savings, “Living Well” Program, and more
● A generous Associate discount of up to 40% off of top brands
● Work-life balance through a hybrid work model and flexible paid-time-off
The Fabric of Hudson’s Bay
Hudson's Bay has established a reputation for quality and style through an unrivaled assortment of products and categories including fashion, home, beauty, food concepts, and more. Hudson's Bay operates under the HBC brand portfolio. Founded in 1670, HBC is North America's oldest company. Hudson’s Bay helps Canadians live their best style of life by operating thebay.com featuring Marketplace, one of the largest premium life & style digital platforms in Canada, with a seamless connection to a network of Hudson’s Bay stores from coast to coast.
At Hudson’s Bay, smart, high-performing team members will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value ambitious work and great ideas grounded in data and insights. We strive everyday to provide our customers with an experience they will value with our products, services and dedication towards adapting to the ever changing environment of retail.
This role will actively support our DE&I framework by identifying opportunities to increase and promote diversity in our teams, products and brands. They will lead with inclusion to nurture our OneTeam culture by removing barriers for our Associates and communities.
Thank you for your interest In The Bay. We look forward to reviewing your application.
The Bay provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Bay welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.