Associate, Balance Sheet Management & Asset Liability Management
City : New York City, NY, US, 10281
Category : Business and Financial Operations
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 141301
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Contributes to the overall success of the U.S. International Money Markets and Funding ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
The incumbent is responsible to ensure U.S. International Money Markets and Funding has builds and maintains effective relationships with the U.S. GBM businesses to optimize liquidity, balance sheet positioning and drive both profitable and sustainable balance sheet growth.
Is this role right for you? You will be responsible for:
- Responsible for the development of scope, structure and on-going reporting of the Bank’s US Treasury liquidity and balance sheet management reports. This includes analysis of all major Treasury reports as well as specific recommendations for improving overall efficiency as it relates to the US Balance Sheet.
- Evaluate size and composition of the balance sheet with a focus on optimization of funding sources and uses.
- Liaison with major business lines to reconcile, analyze and improve US Treasury reports including where necessary, building out US Governance, roles and responsibilities, reporting and overall coordination of business line reviews including both unsecured and secured funding markets.
- Collaborate with business lines to ensure new and existing trades are structured efficiently from a liquidity and balance sheet management perspective.
- Liaison with major business lines to enhance US Liquidity Stress Testing methodologies such as internalization and intraday.
- Enhance the intraday and collateral management framework as it relates to Reg YY EPS.
- Define and adhere to internal norms for regulations applicable to ALM US Treasury.
- Establishing, producing, and analyzing liquidity risk metrics managed by ALM US Treasury, both for internal purposes and regulatory needs.
- Development and deployment of strategies designed to mitigate liquidity risks.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operations risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the aforementioned Frameworks.
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Champions a high-performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
Do you have the skills you need to succeed? We'd love to work with you, if you have:
- Undergraduate degree or graduate degree in business, finance or economics preferred. Non-business degree combined with CFA would be acceptable.
- Strong analytical skills including extensive facility with PowerPoint, Excel, Tableau, Axiom and Bloomberg among others.
- The ability to be precise and there is a strong need to be able to multi-task and be detailed oriented
- Strong attention to detail and strong oral and written communication skills
Location(s): United States : New York : New York City
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.