Assistant Stores Handler – RR
City : Waterloo, ON
Category : Permanent
Industry : Education
Employer : University of Waterloo
The Assistant Stores Handler orders, receives, checks, stores and takes inventory of stock items for use in the assigned Food Service outlet(s) and other duties as assigned from time to time.
This position is contignent on funding.Responsibilities:
- Ordering and receiving food items such as produce, pop, milk, ice cream, bread
- Receiving and storing food orders from suppliers
- Return of production equipment such as bake sheets, pie plates, as required
- Maintaining storeroom in a clean and tidy condition
- Rotation of stock to ensure freshness and quality of food items for preparation
- Verifying counts to the invoice for shipments and notification of the appropriate personnel concerning shortages
- Preparing and delivering food orders to other Food Service outlets
- Assist with inventory counts
- Previous experience in the, ordering receipt, storage, and distribution of large volumes of commercial food goods is required
- Must be capable of keeping accurate records for inventory purposes and must be capable of lifting relatively heavy containers when necessary
- Must have good organizational skills as well as good skills in written and oral communication for the purpose of requisitioning food supplies, preparing accurate inventory reports when required
- A valid Class G driver’s license and a good driving record are mandatory
The University of Waterloo acknowledges that much of our work takes place on the traditional territory of the Neutral, Anishinaabeg and Haudenosaunee peoples. Our main campus is situated on the Haldimand Tract, the land granted to the Six Nations that includes six miles on each side of the Grand River. Our active work toward reconciliation takes place across our campuses through research, learning, teaching, and community building, and is co-ordinated within our Office of Indigenous Relations.
The University values the diverse and intersectional identities of its students, faculty, and staff. The University regards equity and diversity as an integral part of academic excellence and is committed to accessibility for all employees. The University of Waterloo seeks applicants who embrace our values of equity, anti-racism and inclusion. As such, we encourage applications from candidates who have been historically disadvantaged and marginalized, including applicants who identify as First Nations, Métis and/or Inuk (Inuit), Black, racialized, a person with a disability, women and/or 2SLGBTQ+.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
The University of Waterloo is committed to accessibility for persons with disabilities. If you have any application, interview, or workplace accommodation requests, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 519-888-4567, ext. 45935.