Assistant Project Manager – NSDF Project
City : Chalk River, ON
Category : Z-WSP E&I Canada Ltd.
Industry : Engineering
Employer : WSP
CHALK RIVER, ONTARIO
WSP E&I is seeking an Assistant Project Manager to support our Remediation Business who will lead complex multi-disciplinary civil and civil/environmental remediation projects. This position reports to the Senior Project Manager, NSDF, at the project site in Chalk River, ON.
This opportunity is to join the WSP team responsible for the execution of the Near Surface Disposal (NSDF) Project in Chalk River. The NSDF project, following regulatory approval, represents a 5-year build of the low-level waste repository in Chalk River, with an estimated capital cost of more than $500M.
The successful candidate will demonstrate strong leadership skills and will be an effective communicator with a proven track record of building and leading teams while executing environmental and/or civil construction projects in Canada.
Please note: this opportunity is based at the project location in Chalk River, Ontario.
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy – we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
A day in the life:
- Lead all aspects of large remediation / civil earthworks projects.
- Manage budget, schedule, scope, client and stakeholder relations, contracts, and subcontracts.
- Manage, lead, and coach project team.
- Collaborate with managers and resources for project quality, project controls, health, and safety, environmental, operations, procurement, accounting, and finance.
- Actively manage and lead day to day execution of project scope.
- Report both to client project team and internal management.
- Take an active leadership role in the preconstruction of large civil and remediation pursuits.
- Provide technical direction to and mentor’s subordinate staff.
- Understand, apply, and oversee the implementation of a best-in-class safety program.
What you'll bring to WSP ...
- University Degree/Technology Diploma in Civil Engineering, or a combination of education and industry experience.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience managing large scale civil / remediation projects as the prime/general contractor.
- Demonstrated ability at leading construction managers, site superintendents, safety managers, engineering managers and direct field staff.
- Strong understanding and knowledge of Ontario and Federal environmental and construction regulations.
- Excellent organizational, technical writing, communication and team building skills.
- Proven track record interfacing with senior management on project program performance, bid evaluation, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to establish effective working relationships with subcontractors.
- Must be able to obtain Federal Government Reliability Clearance status.
- Experience in the nuclear construction industry is an asset.
- Must possess a valid driver's license with a clean drivers abstract.