Maple Leaf Foods – Toronto Poultry
ASSISTANT PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR - NIGHTSPOSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
Considering a Career at Maple Leaf Foods?
Maple Leaf Foods is Canada’s leading consumer-packaged protein company, headquartered in
Toronto, Ontario. We make high-quality, great tasting, nutritious and innovative food products under leading brands including Maple Leaf®, Maple Leaf Prime®, Maple Leaf Natural Selections®, Schneiders®, Schneiders Country Naturals® and Mina™. Our Company employs approximately 11,000 people in its operations across Canada and exports to more than 20 global markets including the U.S. and Asia.
Our people are passionate about the work they do and the products we make. As we move forward, we are determined to leverage their integrity and passion to continue to build a high-performing, values-based company enabled by high-performing, motivated and talented people.
As part of Maple Leaf Food’s Toronto Poultry production team, the Assistant Production Supervisor is responsible for assisting the department Supervisor with all aspects of the operation for their assigned area(s) including production, food safety, health & safety and upholding Company policy and procedure. The Assistant Production Supervisor will gain exposure in various areas of the production department.
PREFERRED HIRING CRITERIA:
- Providing day to day direction to department employees
- Guaranteeing customer satisfaction (internal and external).
- Temporary backfill Production Supervisors when required (vacation, illness, vacancy). As backfill, duties and responsibilities will be that of a Production Supervisor including discipline of department employees.
- Ensuring proper and adequate training of department employees.
- Evaluation of department employees.
- Coaching and counseling of department employees.
- Appropriate communication with internal and external suppliers and customers.
- Effective communication with Production Supervisors and Production Manager.
- Ensuring a safe work environment through safety awareness, practice, and promotion.
- Daily performance and efficiencies
- All other duties as assigned by Management
- Strong leadership ability.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Positive attitude.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Desire and initiative to excel within the organization.
- Proven ability in current position (attendance included).
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Related experience in managing or coaching.
- Related department experience (direct or indirect i.e. shipping, reports, etc.)
- Strong mathematical aptitude.
- Meat Processing Plant, Office
- Volume completed through typical procedures, multiple deadlines/priority conflicts/moderate complexity
- No travel requirements
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com
or 905-285-5862. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.