Assistant Production Manager
City : Brandon
Category : Other
Industry : Food/Packaging
Employer : Maple Leaf Foods
The Opportunity:The Assistant Product Manager is responsible for executing the business plans established by the Product Management team. With direction from the Plant Optimization Manager, the incumbent will help guide the production planning and scheduling process and provide on-site support to help resolve specification and/or quality issues. Additionally, the Assistant Product Manager will have sales and customer service responsibilities.
Snapshot of a Day-in-the-Life:
- Develop and execute optimization plans to achieve business goals
- Work closely with production to optimize production sequencing through multiple production areas and manage plant capabilities to ensure production requirements are delivered and service levels are met
- Manage the daily inventory transfers between Brandon & Cold storage of other MLF distribution centers and report on inventory levels at external distribution centers
- Process claims, credits, and complaints
- Order entry of all trading and industrial customer orders
- Production of samples along with scheduling deliveries
- Report on production conformance
- New sku/product development with line supervisors
- Sign off on Cost of Product changes
- Communicate real-time customer impact and allocation of shorts
- Work with Sales on in-day/week opportunities to consume excess
- Act as the SPOC for after-hours production issues
- Develop commodity market knowledge through training and development with Product Managers
What You’ll Bring:
- Post-secondary education, preferably with a business focus
- Experience working within Pork operations (manufacturing) is an important aspect of the position
- Demonstrated experience in supply and planning and/or business optimization
- Must be able to self-manage, make decisions and problem solve quickly when dealing with adversity
- Exceptional communications skills with the ability to clearly deliver information with a high comfort level dealing with audiences at all levels of the organization
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationship efficiently and effectively with various business units
- Enjoys thinking creatively to come up with solutions and flexible to develop alternate plans quickly
- Highly numerate and analytical
- Strong commercial sense, competitive by nature, with the courage to challenge the status quo when needed
- Ability to be flexible and responsive to time sensitive, changing business needs
- Demonstrated experience with MS Office (Word, Excel); SAP experience is an asset
What We Offer at Maple Leaf Foods:
- Being part of a high-performance, people-focused company that has an inspiring and unique vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, and a deep commitment to sustainable protein across North America.
- An inclusive company culture and a work environment that keeps our people safe, rewards excellence, and empowers everyone to learn and contribute their best.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that offer flexibility to meet your individual or family needs, including programs focused on improving mental health and wellbeing. These benefits start on your first day of employment.
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan with company matching that starts on your first day of employment.
- Learning and development opportunities, including workshops, ‘speaker series’ events, and resources that allow you to develop your skills and progress your career.
- Comprehensive tuition reimbursement program that supports continuous learning and development of our team members through investment in eligible degrees, diplomas, professional certification, or trades programs.
- Supporting our deep commitment to community impact, we offer up to two paid days annually to volunteer at a cause of your choice.
About Us:We’re a carbon neutral food company on a purposeful journey to Raise the Good in Food through better nutrition, safer food and workplaces, more humane animal care, and environmental sustainability efforts that protect our planet. We care about our communities and commit to reducing food insecurity in Canada. Join us on the journey. Let’s build a better future, together.
We’re passionate about food. For more than 100 years, we’ve made delicious, healthy protein that Canadians love under iconic national and regional brands, like Maple Leaf®, Schneiders®, and Greenfield Natural Meat Co.® We’re on a journey to become the most sustainable protein company – not just in Canada – but on earth.
- We are carbon neutral.
- We are one of the only food companies in Canada to set science-based targets.
- We aim to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025.
A diverse and inclusive work environmentChampioning diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision and living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values. We believe in building, investing in, recognizing, and rewarding remarkable people who value an inclusive workplace, embrace all forms of diversity, and commit to including every voice in our collaborative environment. We’re so much stronger when we know we’re accepted and valued for who we are and what we each bring to the workplace.
We embrace a strong, values-based cultureOur eight Leadership Values are our north star. They guide the decisions we make for all our stakeholders: our consumers, our customers, our people, our communities, our shareholders, and the environment.
- Doing What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all our employees. As part of this commitment, we have adopted a number of COVID-19 safety measures, including a requirement for all employees to be fully vaccinated by March 31, 2022 and to show proof of vaccination. In keeping with this policy, successful candidates will need to provide proof of vaccination by March 31, 2022 (or prior to their first day of work if the start date is after March 31, 2022). We will of course consider accommodations for anyone unable to be vaccinated following human rights and other applicable laws
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision, living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values, and delivering winning results. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired; please contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.