Assistant Planner, Women’s Modern, Hudson North, Better, YC
City : TORONTO, Ontario
Category : Full-Time
Industry : The Bay Planning
Employer : The Bay
Lead a Brilliant Career.
Bring your authentic self to work every day, and help our customers express themselves, style their home, and live their life in a way that reflects who they truly are.
As a brand, we celebrate the differences that make each and every one of us unique because we believe that people shouldn't fit archetypes.
So why should your career be anything less than extraordinary?
What to Expect:
The Assistant Planner is an integral part of the Planning team and will report to the Planning Manager. The successful candidate must have financial acumen and strong analytical skills. This person is interested in retail and its changing landscape and is eager to collaborate closely with their team and champion great ideas.
What you will do:
- Create Store Clusters and integrate them into NuOrder where applicable
- Create location plans to support initial allocations
- Provide guidance on allocations & in-season management to optimize sell-through
- Weekly review of sales performance to identify in-season opportunities
- Support in the creation of “Chase Orders”
- Participate in monthly business review calls with the allocation team and Buyers and Planners to continue to improve business outcomes
- Facilitate the seasonal analysis and reporting regarding size opportunities & commodity ratios
- Participate in weekly reviews of Out of Stock & fill rates “GAPs” identified by Replenishment Analysts and Inventory Leads
- Responsible for the view & execution of markdowns partnering with Merchants
- Partner with Merchants on the markdown execution of non-MDO assortment
- Manage seasonal inventory ensuring that all season goods have a markdown
- Take on increased responsibility and ownership within your category as you progress in your role, including but not limited to:
- Financial Planning (forecasting & budget building utilizing the system SAS)
- Training and mentoring team members
- Mentor and support Replenishment Analysts and Inventory Allocators
What you will bring to the team:
- Post-secondary education and/or equivalent retail experience
- Understanding of supply chain operations and inventory management
- Strong financial acumen
- Sharp analytical and critical thinking skills
- Proactive and solution-oriented
- Strong presentation skills
- Proficiency in MS Office with intermediate skills in Excel
- Tableau experience is considered an asset
What’s in it for you?
- A people-focused culture of belonging where Reconciliation & Inclusion are integral to what we do
- Employee Resource Groups that offer a unique opportunity to connect with diverse colleagues
- Leadership coaching and development opportunities at all levels
- Benefits package inclusive of parental leave top-up, retirement savings, “Living Well” Program, and more
- A generous Associate discount of up to 40% off of top brands
- Work-life balance through a hybrid work model and flexible paid-time-off
The Fabric of Hudson’s Bay
Hudson's Bay has established a reputation for quality and style through an unrivaled assortment of products and categories including fashion, home, beauty, food concepts, and more. Hudson's Bay operates under the HBC brand portfolio. Founded in 1670, HBC is North America's oldest company. Hudson’s Bay helps Canadians live their best style of life by operating thebay.com featuring Marketplace, one of the largest premium life & style digital platforms in Canada, with a seamless connection to a network of Hudson’s Bay stores from coast to coast.
At Hudson’s Bay, smart, high-performing team members will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value ambitious work and great ideas grounded in data and insights. We strive everyday to provide our customers with an experience they will value with our products, services and dedication towards adapting to the ever changing environment of retail.
This role will actively support our DE&I framework by identifying opportunities to increase and promote diversity in our teams, products and brands. They will lead with inclusion to nurture our OneTeam culture by removing barriers for our Associates and communities.
We’d love for you to join us in our mission to help Canadians live their best style of life! Stay connected with us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, and LinkedIn.
Thank you for your interest In Hudson’s Bay. We look forward to reviewing your application.
We are on an ever-evolving journey to create a culture of inclusion, where we celebrate diverse perspectives, create exciting opportunities and eliminate barriers so each associate can have a sense of belonging, while reimagining the future of retail.
Part of this responsibility is to reconcile our past and advance racial equity and inclusion at work and in Canada. We welcome applications from talent regardless of age, ancestry, citizenship, colour, disability, ethnicity, family status, gender assigned at birth, gender identity, marital status, place of origin, race, sexual orientation, spiritual beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by human rights legislation.
As an equal opportunity employer, Hudson’s Bay is committed to providing you with a barrier-free, inclusive and accessible workplace to lead a brilliant career. If you need accommodations throughout the recruitment process, please let us know.