City : Saint John
Category : Retail
Industry : Building material and garden equipment and supplies dealers
Employer : J.D. Irving
Kent, part of the Retail Division of J. D. Irving LTD, is the largest retail building supply chain in Atlantic Canada with 48 locations from Saint John, New Brunswick to Corner Brook, Newfoundland and many towns and cities in between.
Our culture thrives thanks to the incredible connections we get to make in every community we are in, our focus on diversity in the workplace, our commitment to our employees through training and development programs and our focus on creating an aligned and engaged workforce across our locations.
An opportunity currently exists for an individual who would like a career in commercial building supply purchasing. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit with interest in negotiation and product category management, please apply for this position.
The successful candidate will work Monday – Friday from 8:00am – 5:00pm, with the option for Hybrid work available.
- Assist the Category Manager with the day to day operation of the business
- Provide store associates with service and information
- Assist in sourcing new products and vendors
- Assist in negotiating vendor agreements
- Forecast sales and purchases
- Assist in creating flyers
- Analysis of product and category performance
- General administrative duties
- Strong negotiation skills
- Detail oriented
- Driven to achieve results
- Systematic thinker
- Energetic & well organized
- Strong computer skills
- Effective communicator
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Previous experience in the lumber and building materials industry
The successful candidate will report into to a Category Manager with in the Purchasing Department.
Kent Building Supplies is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.