Assistant, Meals on Wheels – Summer Student
City : CAN - ON - Brantford Branch
Category : CHW-Meals
Industry : Civil and Social Organizations
Employer : Canadian Red Cross
Title: Assistant, Meals on Wheels - Summer Student
Employee Working Location: Office/In-person (Brantford, ON)
Employment status: Summer/Co-op/Intern (2 months)
The Canadian Red Cross (CRC) – one of the most inspirational not-for-profit organizations on this planet and an awardee on the Forbes list of Canada’s Best Employers 2022 - is seeking a is currently seeking a Summer Student Meals on Wheels to join our team.
We are guided by our Fundamental Principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity, and universality. We help people and communities in Canada and around the world in times of need and support them in strengthening their resilience.
Starting with the hiring process, we are committed to having an accessible, diverse, inclusive, and barrier-free work environment where everyone can reach their full potential. We encourage all qualified persons who share our values and want to contribute to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace to apply.
The incumbent will be responsible to provide for the delivery of hot and frozen meals through a dedicated team of volunteers as well as providing direct service to clients and administrative and clerical assistance to programs and services in the Brantford Branch.
In this role, you will:
- Assist with direct delivery of both hot and frozen meals to clients
- Respond to inquiries regarding the program, assessing client eligibility, creating client files in database, updating files as required
- Attend local hospital to assist in packing and picking up meals
- Schedule volunteer coverage for all approved service routes
- Provide meal order sheets for meal provider, route sheets and meal label for the following day
- Monitor dietary requirements of clients and communicates meal delivery schedule
- Produce accurate statistical information and provides reports as required
- Work in close collaboration with volunteers, clients and care givers, Meal Providers and Community Service Coordinator
What we are looking for:
- Customer service experience in person and on the telephone is an asset
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with MS Office suite
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Self starter with strong organizational skills
- Proven ability to be a supportive and productive team member
- A full and valid G license with the ability to Operate a Red Cross Vehicle
- The majority of the work is performed in an office environment that is clean and comfortable, located at the Brantford branch of the Canadian Red Cross. Hours of service are based on 30-hour work weeks, Monday to Friday.
- Please note that there is no relocation package for this position.
- Eligibility to work in Canada: At this time, we welcome applications from candidates eligible to work in Canada. If you are not a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, we encourage you to carefully review your visa to find out whether you are eligible to work in the job you are considering applying for. Refer to our FAQ for more information.
- If you are selected for this role, you will be required to complete a successful pre-employment screening process which includes a satisfactory Enhanced Police Information Check (E-PIC).
- At this time, the CRC has temporarily suspended our Covid-19 vaccination policy and does not require but continues to strongly encourage full vaccination of all our personnel.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible - those who apply after the selection process has started may be held for a second review if needed OR reviewed for alternative roles. We appreciate the time and effort it takes to apply and thank you in advance.
If you require accommodation measures during any phase of the hiring process, please notify us as soon as possible. All information received in relation to accommodation requests will be kept confidential.