Assistant Manager, Security Operations Centre, Corporate Security
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5H1H1
Category : Security Guard
Industry : Financial Services/Banking
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 192563
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Assistant Manager leads and oversees Physical Security – Security Operations Center in Canada ensuring business strategies, plans and initiatives are executed / delivered in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
Is this role right for you? In this role you will:
- Leads and drives a customer focused culture throughout their team to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Incident Management:
- Oversee the monitoring, collection and compilation of real time and near real time information through open source media, alarm systems, access control systems, CTV, internal sources and reporting to identify issues which may impact the Bank. Analyze identified issues and disseminate findings to create a common operating picture and situational awareness to key stakeholders.
- Use established criteria to categorize and process low to medium complexity information of relevance to security risk. Disseminate information through verbal and written incident notifications and summary reports.
- Support the maintenance of standards, processes and procedures for all activities/tasks associated with incident management including (but not limited to:
- Alarm monitoring
- Travel tracking
- Incident detection/escalation
- Emergency communications
- Support the implementation and maintenance of systems used in the prevention, detection, analysis and response to physical security incidents.
- Support Services:
- Support the programming and maintenance of physical access control systems and associated databases. Conduct initial investigations of issues identified using applicable systems and direct appropriate response to identified risks. Independently troubleshoot potentially complex system faults and report irresolvable issues.
- Lead the retrieval and preparation of images and video for use by internal customers (Investigations, Fraud Deterrence, others) and external partners (law enforcement agencies, BCPIF members), in order to mitigate potential financial and reputational loss.
- Support the maintenance of standards, processes and procedures for all activities associated with support services including (but not limited to);
- Photo and video retrieval
- Access control
- Support the Security Solutions team with activities related to vendor management including (but not limited to);
- Security guard management
- Equipment installation
- Support the implementation and maintenance of systems used for activities/tasks such as photo retrieval, access control etc.
- Team Performance
- Develop and manage employees by creating a challenging and motivating work environment, provide appropriate training, performance assessments and career guidance
- Maintain a team environment and spirit that enhances both team and individual performance.
- Develop the annual performance objectives for team members and track performance against
goals/objectives, and report regularly to the Manager, Security Operations..
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Creates an environment in which their team pursues effective and efficient operations of their respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
- Builds a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment and using a coaching mindset and behaviours; communicating vison/values/business strategy; and, managing succession and development planning for the team.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role? We'd love to work with you if you have:
- Experience in Critical Incident Management, Security, Law Enforcement, Financial Services, Dispatching, Call Centre, Customer Service or Information Technology is required
- Great communication and interpersonal skills
- Undergraduate degree, collage diploma and/or equivalent related experience
Some more information you might want to know:
- Work in a standard office-based environment that is operational 24/7; rotating 12 hour shifts including nights and
weekends is mandatory. Limited travel domestically.
- 2 Direct Reports
- Directs initial triage and response to physical security related incidents which have or may impact our
facilities, people or infrastructure
- Canada, International and Global Banking market units supported
- Support Bank's regulatory obligations relevant to local governing bodies
- Support projects and initiatives in support of Keeping the Bank Safe
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.