Assistant Manager, Production
City : Toronto, Ontario
Category : Full time
Industry : Product Development
Employer : Shoppers Drug Mart®
Referred applicants should not apply directly to this role.
All referred applicants must first be submitted through Workday by a current Loblaw Colleague.
Founded in 2006, Joe Fresh is a leading source for modern style and accessible design, offering comprehensive lifestyle collections for men, women and children. Joe Fresh delivers quality and compelling value in categories spanning in apparel, accessories, and footwear. Joe Fresh collections are polished and sophisticated, with a focus on essential designs that appeal to a broad range of style-savvy consumers. With more than 350 Joe Fresh departments from coast to coast, the Joe fresh network is more than a great place to shop, it’s a great place to work. We’re committed to building our talented team who champion collaboration, kindness, and inclusivity. We are looking for innovative, hardworking, and collaborative team members for our Joe Fresh team. Join our team in our goal of helping Canadians Live Life Well®.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Position Title: Assistant Manager
POSITION REPORTS TO:
Immediate Supervisor: Manager - Production
Reports to: Senior Manager - Production
The Assistant Manager is responsible for supporting the Production Manager throughout all stages of import order processing with focus on achieving Joe Fresh quality standard and ensuring consistent on-time delivery.
What you'll do:
- Manage order processing independently on designated accounts and /or vendors after order placement handover until shipment cargo transferred to Supply Chain team.
- Communicate and implement all order details, children’s safety requirements, testing and quality standard as set by Joe fresh across all vendor partners.
- Work closely with cross functional partners (Product Development/ Technical Design/ Sourcing/ Color/ Raw Material Teams) in understanding product details (material/color/fit/design) and to make certain product execution are well understood by vendor partners.
- Attend all required color/ material, fit and production handover meetings to make sure correct color/ styling technical specification/BOM requirements are well understood to enable transfer of information to vendor partners.
- Manage and review all confirmed cost and delivery date through strict WIP monitoring ensuring Joe Fresh Purchase Order’s reflect all correct details as negotiated.
- Collaborate with Finance department for timely order payment and supply chain partners to facilitate cargo movement, when needed.
- Work closely with vendors to ensure all key milestone dates are met to achieve on time delivery.
- Coordinate with Joe Fresh offshore IC teams in reviewing the WIP report to obtain the correct weekly vendor OTP (On Time Performance).
- Expedite review of all production material & sample submissions (bulk fabric/trims, print/embroidery strike offs, pre-production + visual + top of production samples) and provide timely approval to vendor partners.
- Respond and resolve to all issues on daily communications/ emails with vendor partners on a timely manner.
- Complete other tasks and assignments as required by management and comply with Joe Fresh policies and procedures.
What you'll bring:
- Equivalent of a post-secondary diploma/degree combined with minimum 3 years related work experience preferably in sourcing/manufacturing/supply chain management within the fashion retail/ wholesale or garment manufacturing
- Excellent interpersonal, people management & problem-solving skills
- Excellent and effective communication skills, both oral and written English
- Organized and able to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Well versed with Microsoft office applications
- Knowledge of PLM an asset
How You’ll Succeed:
At Joe Fresh, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
Joe Fresh recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.