Assistant Manager, Marketing Communications
City : Burnaby
Category : Marketing/Advertising/PR
Industry : Insurance
Employer : Pacific Blue Cross
About Pacific Blue Cross
Pacific Blue Cross (PBC) has been British Columbia's leading benefits provider for over 80 years. We are an independent, not-for-profit society with strong roots in BC’s health care system. We provide health, dental, life, disability, and travel coverage to 1 in 3 British Columbians through employee group plans and individual plans.
We are fueled by a commitment to keep health care sustainable for all British Columbians. Through our PBC Health Foundation, we fund projects that improve health outcomes directly related to mental health and wellbeing as well as the prevention and/or management of chronic disease. We are interested in finding people who want to make a difference and who are looking to grow their career with us.
- Work-life balance with flexible working hours of 7.5 hours per day, Monday to Friday (i.e., 37.5 hours per week).
- Paid vacation starts at 4 weeks per year, and increases with years of service.
- Hybrid work environment (i.e., a combination of work from office and work from home days).
- Generous benefits, including extended health, dental, and life insurance; depending on the plan that you choose, these benefit premiums can be 100% paid by PBC.
- Company pension contributions after 1 year of service.
- Education allowance to expand your knowledge and develop your skills.
- Onsite gym, cafeteria, and access to virtual doctors/counsellors 24/7 via our Employee Family Assistance Program!
About the Position
- We are searching for a permanent Assistant Manager, Marketing Communications to join our Marketing team.
- The starting salary will be determined based on a combination of skills, education, and experience. The salary range is $70,000 – $90,000 per year.
If you’re looking to take on a role that leads strategic external communications for healthcare in BC, we want to hear from you. This is a great career opportunity with a local not-for-profit health insurance provider where you would work with key internal stakeholders, vendors and clients.
Your skills in budgeting, workflow scheduling, staffing, collecting and producing data will help Pacific Blue Cross provide sustainable healthcare.
We offer an attractive compensation and benefits package and work-life balance. Our workplace culture values health and wellness, diversity and equality, continuing education, environmental sustainability and giving back to the community.
We are now recruiting for an Assistant Manager, Marketing Communications to join our Marketing team. This role is currently working from home 4 days a week and 1 day a week at our head office in Burnaby, BC. Apply this week if you would like to take on this role.
Key Ways This Position Makes An Impact
The Assistant Manager, Marketing Communications identifies, evaluates, and leads the management and execution of strategic external communications.
This role works collaboratively on budgeting, identifying cost savings, workflow scheduling, scheduling of staff, collecting and producing data for stewardship reports and project management.
In this role, you would provide leadership, mentoring, coaching, and training to the direct report.
You would manage the intake of creative briefs and working on project management to ensure output is delivered on time, accurately, and within brand standards.
In this role, you would help to plan, create and develop the production of internal confidential communications including external and internal print media, events, internet, and intranet.
You would help develop strategy, planning and execution of business to business marketing campaigns.
This role works with internal teams to run email marketing campaigns and producing reports for post-campaign analysis.
Key Experiences You Bring To This Role
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) with a major in Business Administration, Marketing, or an equivalent field including or supplemented by courses in leadership/supervision
- 5 years of demonstrated experience in a collaborative marketing environment where project management was a key function of the role, including:
- scheduling and expediting multiple concurrent projects and events within timing and resource constraints
- overseeing content creation and production of external print and digital campaigns including newsletters and B2B communications, position papers, briefs and case studies
- developing and executing social media strategies
- building internal and external networks and relationships
- negotiating outcomes with multiple stakeholders
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated proficiency with email marketing tools
If you’re excited about taking on this opportunity, we invite you to apply today and start the conversation with us about this position.
Please apply via our website this week at http://www.pbchbs.com/company/careers/
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
PBC is an Indigenous Works employer of choice, an Insurance Business Canada Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion award winner, one of Canada’s Greenest employers, a Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion (CCDI) employer partner, and a Pride at Work partner.
We strive to create a workplace where everyone feels valued and employees feel empowered to freely participate and contribute regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ability, education level, parental status, or socioeconomic status. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all qualified candidates.
To request an accommodation in completing this job application, testing, interviewing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com. These accommodation requests will be reviewed confidentially and, on a case-by-case basis by Human Resources.